1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Profit from news sites.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by etekiller, May 15, 2015.

?

How big would be the profit after about 6 months from the first article?

1. More than $500 per month

2. Less than $500 per month

3. Less than $0 (you would spend more money on that content creator than earn from the revenue)

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Seeing a few people selling their content creation services for as low as a buck per 100 words I started to think about one idea.

Do you think that a good content creator would be able to profit from a news website to which he contributed his work? Let's say that something important happens, you pay that person to write an article about it in the next 2 to 3 hours. You put that article on your news website and earn revenue from Google Adsense.

Do you think that you could profit from it? Would the profit reach at least $500 per month?

etekiller, May 15, 2015 IP
  2. Richard Bolduc

Richard Bolduc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Where can you find good content creator?

Richard Bolduc, May 15, 2015 IP
  3. etekiller

etekiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here, on DPF.

etekiller, May 16, 2015 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The good news is it's way easier to drive social media traffic to a news site as opposed to any other site. On the other hand this niche is SO over saturated that expect that it will be producing $500 / mo stably is a bit unreasonable. $0 - $200 / mo the first several months - that's a possibility. What happens after that, no one knows. You may hit it big or you may keep making $0 - $200 / mo for as long as the site exists (and as long as you keep promoting it).

qwikad.com, May 16, 2015 IP
    newbie191 likes this.
  5. etekiller

etekiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great help, thank you! I appreciate it.

You made me think for a momment.

What if I modify the concept and make a community-driven news site? The product would be a completely unbiased and independent content, voted up or down (in case it represents a biased perspective or source) by people engaged on that website. Posted articles would go to a "pre-acceptation" sub-page on which people would be allowed to vote up or down. As soon as said article gets enough upvotes it goes straight on the homepage. Writing an article would require specifying the place, date and time of the event being described.

Do you think that would be competitive towards other news sites?

qwikad.com likes this.
  6. Tracy Mullins

Tracy Mullins Active Member

Best Answers:
    Speaking from the perspective of a content writer I like the concept. One of the biggest problems content writers have starting out is getting quality jobs to build their writing resume. Offering a site that would allow content writers to submit their work and be accepted or denied would make a great platform for both the writer and site owner. The writers would learn from their scores and become better writers thus improving their exposure with accepted postings. The site would then gain favorable exposure by only posting articles that met a certain level acceptance from the average mean of viewers. This wounds like a solid concept to explore. Love it!

Tracy Mullins, May 16, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  7. etekiller

etekiller Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am really optimistic after what I've heard from you, Tracy. That's because you are a content writer and your answer to my idea was liked by qwickad, who as I understand is an ads person. I've got the know-hows of web development and I would like to ask you whether you'd be interrested in talking to me via PMs to discuss this concept through and maybe come up with something together? Both fields, yours and mine, might let us design something more than an idea and create some opportunities for content-creators. Leave me a message if you're interrested, I'd really appreciate it.

8. Tracy Mullins

Tracy Mullins Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. While I am a writer I am not very experienced on the management of a content system like you are describing. However, I would be happy to help.

Tracy Mullins, May 17, 2015 IP