1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does marketing your business on social media really pay off?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Frank Van, Aug 23, 2015.

How much effort should a service business put into social marketing? I'd like to hear from business people about their results. Does it give returns or is it just a bunch of young people sharing things between themselves?

Frank Van, Aug 23, 2015 IP
  2. TheAnimatorGuy

TheAnimatorGuy Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Depending on you your niche/brand it can be very helpful and profitable. You can create a fan page on FB / Twitter and add it to your website, and run ads on them. If you set your targeting right, it can be very profitable. However, if your brand/niche is way to specific, it might not be a good idea.

TheAnimatorGuy, Aug 23, 2015 IP
  3. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    For online businesses, social media is one of the best platform to extend its resources because every platform is a possibility.
    But its success will depend on what type a business niche is and what are the strategies done.
    It is a fact that almost all people are into social networking but it doesn't mean that it will be that easy because you still have to do your work - marketing.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 23, 2015 IP
  4. Kikot

Kikot Peon

Best Answers:
    In nowadays almost every business, every company, big or small, have their own web-site. My thought is that everyone is connected to Internet technology and its elements. So social media, like part of the present days, need to be used in marketing. Why? The quantity of people that watch TV is going down, so the quantity of watched TV-commercial going down. But the number of online-viewers is growing. And, how often do you look on street marketing? Not very often, I guess. So, Internet is the best place for marketing. And social networks witch contain a lot of people (billions of potential clients) is one of the needed way to promote your company. First time you'll get not so big useful effect. The main thought of mine is definitely use social media, BUT don't forget about other ways of marketing in the Internet.

Kikot, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  5. Alex Byhovtsov

Alex Byhovtsov Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely! More people get to know about the company itself and its services. Moreover, if there is a social media strategy it's even better.

Alex Byhovtsov, Sep 8, 2015 IP
  6. ChazB

ChazB Member

Best Answers:
    It is definitely worth promoting your business via social media. It may not lead to much in terms of revnue or sales, but the effect that social media can have on engagement, outreach and authority certainly makes the effort worthwhile.

ChazB, Sep 10, 2015 IP
  7. valeria_surman

valeria_surman Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. I think it depends on what your objective with using social media is, but it is an affordable way to create and maintain brand awareness.

valeria_surman, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  8. yudi18

yudi18 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have only tried Facebook Ads & they are really really great i must say.
    The impressions & click rate is pretty high.
    The exposure your sites get is great, My sales did increased a bit, and it had a great bounce rate as well.
    So, In my opinion, you should definitely go for it, invest a little money first, check out how it performs for you.

yudi18, Sep 29, 2015 IP
  9. heftzwecke

heftzwecke Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm.... who are your customers? Can you reach new customers with this presence? I think it depends on the business. If you are a butcher, the quality of your meat counts and not your facebook presence. But maybe your customers don't buy meat at all. Maybe it is important to market yourself as a nice person on facebook? Do you meet your customers in person? Do you live in a city or in a small town? Maybe some letterboxing or an add in the local paper is better? Or you give a talk for free or a service for free.

heftzwecke, Nov 11, 2015 IP
  10. Priki

Priki Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mate, from my experience all I can tell you is that... If you like to marketing your business on social sites then be prepare to invest a lot of money.

Business is similar to gambling, if you invest money you will earn. The most important thing is to always have a good plan of managing your money.

I start a business with MLM marketing last year with my friends. We buy a web domain, create and arrange the page and start to share with the audience. We've try a lots of methods, but at the end we realize that if we really want our business to grow is if we invest money in the social media. We choose facebook as our option, but keep in mind that facebook is the most expensive way if you like to marketing your business. On the other side, you will get more publicity, because your page will be suggest at News Feeds bar. ;)

Priki, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  11. harshalone

harshalone Active Member

Best Answers:
    one rule works always is when your business or social media page is giving some freebies remember social media is a place where people are getting connected with you in person. They feel like they are giving you an important consent. So if you want to have maximum conversation via Social Media promotions then you have to give away potentially valuable things to them. It might be some free credits to interested users or a freebee

harshalone, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  12. stesh

stesh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think that it pays off on the part of getting your business connected with many people and the only way a brand or business to survive is by having the essence of popularity. However i wouldnt think that banking on social media as a means of only getting your business get know is not sufficient, its best to engage other means such as the traditional marketing models.

stesh, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  13. hauwa

hauwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Marketing on social media really does pay off. Check out this link to read about how Arby’s is one of the greatest examples of how to market in a completely unique and different way.

hauwa, Sep 28, 2016 IP
  14. Johnmooree

Johnmooree Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Social Media is an exceptional way of promoting your website but before starting to promote your business, you should join the group in niche category and interact with their members. Creating a new page on your site is like taking a great selfie. You want the world to see it and bask in its brilliance, but you don’t want to beg for attention. So make your business page informative as well as eye-catching. To promote your business, you should make friends in that state like if we have business in California, target California's audience. You should post on a daily basis as general as business related informationand share them in different groups to get traffic on your website.

Johnmooree, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  15. Nick B.

Nick B. Member

Best Answers:
    It all really depends on your business and target demographic. LinkedIn is amazing for B2B, otherwise Facebook is better IMO if you're not targeting other businesses. Twitter is good if you have a blog or publish new content regularly. Instagram is great for showcasing products, but Pinterest is better for product promotion particularly if your customers are predominantly women. Video marketing still provides the highest conversion rates. YouTube is a great way to showcase your products or services & provide testimonials or reviews. Vine is underrated imo and amazing for providing quick 6-second highlight videos (very powerful).

The amount of time you invest daily really depends on you. I personally spend at least 2-3 hours a day on a few different networks, but I know some marketers that easily spend 6+ hours a day on social media. Definitely come up with some sort of strategy going in & try to develop a daily routine.

Nick B., Oct 6, 2016 IP
  16. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are actually building / promoting a legitimate business social media is a great way to post content and get exposure, so I would highly recommend it. In some cases it may not be something you want to spend hours each day on, but in some businesses online traffic is the best.

Matteo Matt, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  17. Povilas

Povilas Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want promote your business, dont focus in to the Facebook page Likes, better focus in to your page contet and target audience, that give you the best result.

Povilas, Oct 8, 2016 IP
  18. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, especially when have good number of audience already. Just work on them like a real human.

Dario McNut, Oct 10, 2016 IP
  19. JamesONeill

JamesONeill Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    YES - certainly not just kids messaging each other. Social media is literally all I have built my e-commerce sites on. And its totally free.

My general understanding and the approach I have used so far is to just be as organic as possible - create a community around a great product, and people will buy it. Sounds simple, but its actually quite hard to get right. Message me if you'd like me to take a look at your site and give you any recommendations (free of course).

JamesONeill, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  20. soccerboy

soccerboy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    social media is best for eCommerce site.

soccerboy, Oct 11, 2016 IP