1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New business website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DTGraffix, Oct 18, 2015.

Hi DP,
    I've just had a new website built dtgraffix.com for my business of supplying discontinued VW Camper Van Decals, can anyone recommend the best kind of promotion for this type of business:-

- How does the website look and feel?

- looking for the best way to generate high conversion rates.

-thinking of adding a blog to my site for extra SEO juice?

Any help advice would be appreciated as I'm new to the online side of things I'm usually hands on fitting all the time ... This is my newly business expansion. Thanks
    Regards
    Daniel

DTGraffix, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't spend much having this site built, I hope?

Matthew Sayle, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  3. DTGraffix

DTGraffix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No not at all .. I'm just using bigcommerce platform and theme .. I'm in the very early stages, only went live this week.

4. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I thought you said you had it built.

As in hired someone else to build it.

Matthew Sayle, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  5. DTGraffix

DTGraffix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In theory yes .. I just had someone else set the store up for me. I'm just looking to get this to the next step. Once I start making sales then I can throw more money into it, I should mention that I have take over an old store and just rebranded it and made the site look better and easier to navigate ... It's a hot niche and there isn't much competition due to the product being discontinued ... And has continued to make good profits month in month out for the past 3 years. I'm just having to get the site noticed again due to rebranding. Thanks

6. Rahul Vaishnav

Rahul Vaishnav Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should be create a new pages for products with their categories and in home page you need to change design of that so its look better from now
    And I can also change that so Let me know if you want anything in your current website
    I have 3 years experience in web development.
    Thanks

Rahul Vaishnav, Oct 18, 2015 IP
  7. DTGraffix

DTGraffix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are more pages .. But I think it shows on the PC version as its mobile responsive ( doesn't show on the mobile version) and yes as I stated this is early stages ... Once I start pulling money in, then yeah I can improve my site. Cheers

8. Rahul Vaishnav

Best Answers:
    Ya That's great hope your business start very well,
    And category of products is also helpful in SEO of your website and Mostly people likes Attractive design so as a my point of view you need to redesign of your home page and put some carousel slider like : New Arrival, Latest Products
    Hope you understand me.

9. DTGraffix

DTGraffix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Rahul, have you checked the PC version as there's also a picture carousel and popular products etc... My next step is to get a nice logo created.

10. Rahul Vaishnav

Best Answers:
    Yes i see main home page slider but i am talking about other products slider like http://globaltrendsus.com/ this also developed by me.

11. DTGraffix

DTGraffix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ahh I see what you mean, good idea actually. One thing I am struggling with is, since I imported all the images from my previous ekmpowershop online store ... The images had been watermarked ... Anyway way to remove the watermark as the images are custom and can't be found so I have had to use the same ones with the watermark :(

12. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here are my thoughts about your website.

The site's UI and UX do not quite appeal to me. I assume the bounce rate will be big if you are to stick with your site's current design and structure.

If you are after high converting traffic, I would focus on social media at first. Since the site is not SEO-ready yet.

This is actually a good idea because presently, the site is really thin on content.

Vitarank, Oct 22, 2015 IP
  13. DTGraffix

DTGraffix Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The sites being revamped properly soon, it needs the logo and extra content adding yet.
    Not quite sure what UI and UX are but I'll look into it. Believe it or not but I ised too run the store on ekmpowrshop and it was an even worse design but it still made £Xxx.xx - £xxxx.xx with next to no advertising just a few forum post. I have a Facebook/Instragram page so far But I'm just about to have a lot of SEO and designing done. Definitely adding a blog to the site and have regular keyword rich articles posted for extra juice... Thanks for your 2 cents it's a work in progress and shouldn't take to long to get it running nice and smoothly.
    Thanks if you have any recommendations on how I can improve my site/rank or anything I'm all ears?
    Regards
    Daniel

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    DTGraffix, Oct 22, 2015 IP