1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Doing Research - Need your Feedback

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ATL_Mktr, Oct 27, 2015.

Hi everyone. I'm doing some research and would really love your feedback. Please let me know if the following would be something you'd be interested in, thanks!

Assuming you have a webinar program or would like to create a program, would you be interested in a service that would provide a consultant with the technology? This person would assist in creating content, drive speaker recruitment, market the event(s), moderate the session(s), report on results, and more. Essentially, this service would be a one-stop-shop for you and your organization.

ATL_Mktr, Oct 27, 2015 IP
    Samo likes this.
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Are you offering a competitive technology to WebEx or GoToMeeting or Scopia? These are relatively low-cost yet very comprehensive webinar platforms. Generally, as a business, if I want to put on a webinar, I have the content and the expertise, in-house. And, if not, I know the experts in the industry that I would want to hire for such a role. The head of marketing and/or sales or our PR person can do any moderating. Just about any B2B direct marketing agency will offer to market it, track results, etc.

You are trying to carve out a niche by offering a wholistic webinar development service. If you were talking about filming, editing, recruiting talent, etc., for a video production, and I had the need, I would be much more interested to learn about that service as I view that as a much more complex and specialized endeavor. Webinars, not so much.

But, I am just one data point. :)

jrbiz, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  3. kikolani

kikolani Active Member

Best Answers:
    That would be a great way to help people who want to run webinars without the hassle of learning the technology and remove the fear of doing something wrong like forgetting to record, technical glitches, etc.

kikolani, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  4. ATL_Mktr

ATL_Mktr Peon

Best Answers:
    JR - thank you for the feedback. The service would be provided through a platform like WebEx, and judging from your input, I think this would be better suited to small businesses and companies with lean marketing teams. The service will also be provided at a fair price.

ATL_Mktr, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  5. ATL_Mktr

ATL_Mktr Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your input! I think this service would be better suited for small businesses and those with lean marketing teams.
    Thank you

ATL_Mktr, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  6. PowerfulDigitalSolutions

PowerfulDigitalSolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From my perspective as someone who has never done a webinar and doesn't know where to start, I could see the value in this. Although I could spend time educating myself on how to run an effective webinar, I would be open to investing in a virtual assistant of some sort who would handle all the "busy work" (creating content, recruiting speakers, marketing dates & times for the webinar, etc.) and make sure I don't forget anything. I could see small businesses and "one man shows" benefiting from something like this.

Just make sure you make a compelling case on the benefits of doing a webinar and why it is a good investment.

7. zeeshan125

zeeshan125 Member

Best Answers:
    I think the service you mentioned here is very useful for people who have regular need of webinars and this type of other activities. In this way the person who is arranging can easily manage all their tasks related to webinar and feel free.. By recruiting a person to collect some data and do other necessary tasks for a specific project will make webinar creater free and he can invest their time in other activities. I think this service would get more and more benefits..

zeeshan125, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  8. ATL_Mktr

ATL_Mktr Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Zeeshan - thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it!

ATL_Mktr, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  9. ATL_Mktr

ATL_Mktr Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks PDS - there would certainly be many benefits to using it, and I agree that small businesses and one-man-companies are the key targets for this type of service. I appreciate your feedback!

10. Sonya M

Sonya M Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree that if a small business owner is short on time and would rather allocate their time to running his or her business, I can see where this would be most beneficial. As a small business owner, trying to learn about how to set up a webinar and all that's involved would not be something I would want to tackle. I tend to agree with PowerfulDigitalSolutions as far as getting a virtual assistant to handle the details; especially if time is a factor.

Sonya M, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  11. ATL_Mktr

ATL_Mktr Peon

Best Answers:
    Great - thank you Sonya!

12. Sonya M

Sonya M Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No problem, ATL_Mktr! I wish you much success!

Sonya M, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  13. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When done the correct way, Webinars are one of the most important methods of providing value to your audience, elevating your authority and marketing your products.

The unfortunate reality is that most webinar presenters don't know how to do it properly and often struggle with getting and keeping and increasing the audience.

Such a service would be extremely valuable to all small business and many medium businesses too*.

* Look around. How many medium sized businesses do you see running webinars? Almost none. It is nearly always small businesses ... that's because they are quicker at taking up a new tool or new low cost 'route to market'.

Medium sized business have already made it past the small-business struggles of becoming viable and growing. So they are often not looking at the newer opportunities.

I therefore think, if you aim for medium businesses at some point and package your service well, they too will be interested in something that differentiates them from their competition. The advantage for you is that you can offer a better service at what is probably a premium price for you but is not an issue for the medium sized businesses.

In summary, after 22 years as an online professional, such a service is one of best and more rare ideas I have seen in a long time.

I wish you every success

Samo, Sep 3, 2016 IP