1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google business places.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DavidZin, Nov 24, 2015.

Hi.
    Just wondered if anyone can tell me how I can go about verifying a site that does not have a physical location in the state they wish to rank for. I understand that UPS offer a mailing service and can redirect the post code. Any other ideas?

DavidZin, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Probably not, the point of Google Places is that there is a physical location they can direct people to.

consider this example
    I see a site called "PugsRUs" and I buy something cute from it. Before I buy I see that they're listed in Google Places so I feel confident that if there's a problem I can return it easily. Weeks pass and my parcel never arrives so I hop in the car and go to the location pinpointed on the map only to find it's a UPS mailing service. My conclusion, I've been ripped off - but actually, because the parcel isn't being sent locally it might just take a bit longer. So, instead of having patience I'm all over social media and the forums telling the world that PugsRUs are scammers. Eventually the parcel turns up, it got delayed in customs and I had to pay some extra taxes, but it's too hard to go round and remove all my posts so I don't bother. I'm just glad I have my stuff.

FWIW my family business does have a location but we can't receive mail there and there's no way around that either. Would be nice to have that blip on the map though

sarahk, Nov 24, 2015 IP
    Pamela Turns likes this.
  3. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    a good example why we should always be patient to avoid tarnishing other peoples names. but why didn't you contact them first to be sure? anyways I understand coz I have also made some orders online but am usually impatient to get them thinking that they might disappear. trust is important

kimanierick, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  4. OnlineAskBlog.Com

OnlineAskBlog.Com Peon

Best Answers:
    Google adsence should be the best choice.

OnlineAskBlog.Com, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    No, not a good example of why you should be patient. If you check out a company and that turns out to be lies (as the OP intends to do) then they don't deserve patience.

I have no problem buying goods direct from Vietnam if the retailer is upfront and honest. Deceive me by pretending to be something you're not and you deserve the backlash.

sarahk, Nov 25, 2015 IP