1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

IS it just me or freelancing profits going down lately?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by scurvy, Dec 27, 2015.

Everyone seems to be working for less.

scurvy, Dec 27, 2015 IP
  2. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    In our field, there are more people to work and less people to give work. There is a clear mismatch of demand and supply, that's the problem with web industry and it will remain so in next few years.

eric_wahlberg, Dec 28, 2015 IP
  3. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't you think it was just normal? Maybe it's just had it's market fluctuation...

Pamela Turns, Dec 28, 2015 IP
  4. Valdenheath

Valdenheath Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recently took over a writing business and my priority has been to increase what we pay writers. It's not easy as raising the prices to clients is a gamble, but TBH I really dislike the idea that quality writing is something anyone who is literate can do. I don't know how things got to be like that, but I don't plan on contributing to the myth any more than I can help.

I spend a little time looking for a good accountant, dentist, hairdresser, car mechanic etc, then I stick with them. Sometimes I get freebies or discounts, but mostly I pay for a trustworthy and reliable experience. It's time writers/all creative people got the same kind of respect.

Valdenheath, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually just you because you couldn't possibly know what other people are making...

NetStar, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  6. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Myself as a website owner, i have previously hired some technical writer to produce good content for my sites. And lately i have to cut all of them, due to slower market trend, higher cost, poor work quality, and some SEO problem with GOOGLE. Yes, they are no longer preferring content and very strict with duplicate or doorway penalty. Meaning having more content is toxic for the site. That is what i am facing right now, and i have no choice but to cut down on works and reducing the freelancer works. That is the trend i am seeing now.

charlesgan, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  7. SEMWORLD2015

SEMWORLD2015 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes. It was, but Today I'm busy with my new task. I have to do it within tomorrow. So I came here for learning more things and reducing my extra tension. After complete that task I'll comeback again. Bye........

SEMWORLD2015, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  8. digiaads

digiaads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely there is more competition in freelance market than it was 2-3 years ago and it will only increase. Speaking about 2007 when I started freelancing, I have also been paid $5/hr for data entry tasks. But, it will be hard to get this rate in today's time because of competition.

But, if you provide quality work you don't need to under sell your services. You need to provide excellence and extra ordinary service to be able to win bids. You need to evolve to get more skills that are not very common and you can get higher rates for those.

Good Luck

digiaads, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  9. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good quality and original content is never too much...

miguel84, Jun 20, 2016 IP