1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using video to promote business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by at89, Jan 7, 2016.

Wonder what people's thought are on using video as a means to promote a business. I'm part of a media company who produces video and animation content and always find it interesting in people's perception of video and new digital content. Those of a younger generation are totally consumed by it on social media but the older generation often are of the opinion that they were successful before video so why should they need it now. Here's an example of a recent video we produced as part of a campaign for a local sporting charity to encourage members of the public to engage in their local sporting facilities

Do you think video is a good way of promoting products, business etc or what other methods do you think are more beneficial?

at89, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's an excellent way of doing a promotion, but you still need to somehow bring people to the video to watch it. That can be problematic.

To me a good promotional video should be: 1. Quick (20-30 seconds). 2. Engaging. 3. Worth sharing with others.

qwikad.com, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  3. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    no doubt. I think you can do very well with video. Using Youtube you can benefit from additional organic search traffic as well.

EPol83, Jan 7, 2016 IP
  4. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe images are good then text and video is better then images :)

So it will be good option to use but you should promote it using all video website and spread it using Social Media. Just making and uploading a video will not be sufficient.

Shahzad Jameel, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  5. at89

at89 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good points, definitely agree that the use of social media is key to maximise audience exposure and given that it is a free medium it's a no brainer. Duration also important, keeping viewers attention in first 5-10 seconds paramount!

at89, Jan 8, 2016 IP