1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How would you aim at earking 2k a week (au) ?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by effsharp, Mar 24, 2016.

I'm a man with a goal: gotta make 2k $au pw working at home. I have 10 months, 12 hours a day, to acquire the skills necessary to do this.

The following skills I have already:

Intermediate C# coder
    Can build websites
    Not an idiot
    A degree in English (really!)

I know there is no right answer to this question so I am just seeking some pointers, advice, abuse, anything. I would google but the results are just marketing shit. Should I study marketing shit?

effsharp, Mar 24, 2016 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sell your services at freelance site such as content writing services, setup website services etc.

mentos, Mar 25, 2016 IP
  3. FCS Eli

FCS Eli Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How interesting, I have some major goals that need to be hit within a very similar time frame. Almost exactly the same amount of time, actually.

So here's the thing about "marketing shit". Unless you have a reasonable amount of capital to burn through as you learn the ropes, it's going to be a relatively painful experience. Yes, some people can make a shoestring budget work, but assuming you're totally new to IM, 10 months isn't actually that long.

In my opinion, you'd be much better off utilizing your current skill set. Coding at an intermediate level probably won't get you to to $8K AUD monthly by itself, but paired with some web development and writing skills, you can get a hell of a lot done with 12 hours per day.

My expertise is in freelancing, so I agree with mentos. Immediately start selling services. As you gain clients and make new industry contacts, it's very possible to reach your goal. Even if freelancing isn't your ultimate means for generating income, it can give you the funds, experience, and relationships you need to expand into different areas.

Make sites and write content for people. In your free time, create sites and write content for them yourself. Learn how to build an email list. Don't get bogged down in reading too much about marketing or building a business - it's too easy to waste time. Read a few blogs or skim some forums with your morning coffee, then get to work.

Shoot me a PM with your Skype if you want to bounce some ideas. Good luck.

FCS Eli, Mar 25, 2016 IP
  4. effsharp

effsharp Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I had a look around on the freelance sites. People on iWriter are writing for $8 per 500 words. And my coding skilll seem to be similar to a lot of Indian freelancers who are willing to work for peanuts.

Anyway thanks all for the advice. I've began a few WordPress sites and added adsense. I'll PM you FCS.

effsharp, Mar 27, 2016 IP