1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Conpany Name - Advice & Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Business' started by paxuh, Jun 20, 2016.

Hi,

I am considering to start up my own cleaning services company in Northern part of Sweden, which means that my cleaning services are only available for customers within a small geographically area. In this area there are already some established and existing cleaning companies - One of them called "Handy girls", which I think is a good and appealing company name related to cleaning.

I am therefore asking you to come up with advices and suggestions to help me to pick the most appealing cleaning services company name, that is better and will out-perform "Handy girls" name.

Should I use geophraphical name of state, like "northern Sweden cleaning Services" which will look most professional, but again very stiff - or more informal names like "Dust Queen"?

Can you come up with the best cleaning services company name you can think of?

paxuh, Jun 20, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We've got some local companies with names like
    • Meticulous Maids
    • Absolute Domestics
    • Life Maid Easy
    • Busy Bees
    • five star cleaners
    • home clean home
    And a general handyman service called "Hire A Hubby", ostensibly to do the jobs you expect your actual husband to do but that never get done.

Do any of those inspire you?

sarahk, Jun 20, 2016 IP
  3. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    I like the name Meticulous Maids.

I suggest that you don't use a geographical name. It restricts possibilities of growth. Think big.

If I had used a geographical name for my importing business selling B2B, back in 1987, I could not have expanded to the extent I did. Sales shot up rapidly, and I needed help to handle all the orders, so after employing all the family members who were interested and capable, I began franchising.

The result was I was able to turn my small business into a multinational operation with a franchise network in four countries.

You might not be planning something that big, but don't limit yourself to that small area of Northern Sweden. You might develop a great system that works very efficiently and profitably. If you can expand to other areas by franchising, you could eventually sit back and let others do the hard work.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Jun 21, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. Nameshark

Nameshark Member

Best Answers:
    I actually like the Life Maid Easy. I do like Meticulous Maids, but it is a bit more difficult for people to remember if they are trying to type it into a browser.

Nameshark, Jun 23, 2016 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You need to think big as to your overall location, so go with "Scandinavian Cleaners" if you are in the northwest or "Lapland Cleaning Services" if you are in the northeast.

Don't get too ambitious as to the post previously. You're not likely to become a multinational mega company. If you do you can always change your name, it's been done before with much success by others.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    Spoiltdiva, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  6. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    My company was certainly not a mega company, but it was multinational, although that was far from my intention when I started it.

The company name was not very suitable for use in some countries, but I had no option but to continue using it, because production molds had been made at considerable cost bearing that company name.

Once a business builds a good reputation, the name is one of its greatest assets. That is why it could pay to think ahead. If opportunities for expansion arise in the way of franchising even within Sweden, an established name would be of value, and that is what I had in mind rather than international expansion, which I gave as an example only.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  7. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    if "Handy girls" is good (no idea why), then might as well go with "Sexy Sweepers" or something.

Maid in Sweden
    Magic Maids
    Hands-free Cleaning
    Dustbunnies
    Dust Angels
    Sparkling Clean

jv1999, Jun 24, 2016 IP
  8. REIGN FOREVER

REIGN FOREVER Peon

Best Answers:
    MAIDS OF HONOR
    "We Jump The Broom Way Before You Say I Do!"