1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help a newbie start his online money making journey

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ogzii, Jul 6, 2016.

Hi Digitalpoint members ,
    I have spent the past few days surfing the internet looking for a good way to start making some profit online , i haven't been able to make a penny , i wasted so much time trying all the possible methods ,CPA PPD CPC but i mostly fail to get traffic to download my files or complete the surveys , i've also tried freelancing but i didn't sell any of my services, could you please help me with some suggestions on where i can start making a bit of money so i can move to blogging and marketing ?
    what i can do :
    - Web Design , Web Coding ..
    - Write blog posts ( arabic / english ) ..
    - other simple tasks or methods

i already understand that it is not easy to make money and i am totally ready to make more efforts to reach my goal .

Ogzii, Jul 6, 2016 IP
  2. jv1999

jv1999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start low and in one year you'll be fine.
    If you want to expand into blogging try:
    BlogMutt ($8 / blog) <-- still bad though, considering not all blogposts are accepted

Did you try Fiverr and taskrabbit for webdesigning jobs? That's one way to build your portfolio.

Upwork is another great place.

jv1999, Jul 6, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Instant money isn't actually a thing.
    People work hard, the refine their skills and techniques so that they can compete against the billions of other internet users. 10 years ago you might have been able to do "I haz internet" and but that was then. All those guys who were hustling and doing well are probably still hustling but they're older and wiser. If you were going to become an accountant you wouldn't expect to get the skills instantly. Internet Marketing may not require formal qualifications but it does require learning, experimentation and hard work.
    A few days is not "so much time", 2 years would be "so much time".

sarahk, Jul 6, 2016 IP
    Mehdi.b likes this.
  4. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    To be honest, IT field is saturated with web designers, coders, ID etc. There are more people for work and lesser projects. But, just don't lose hope.

You can look out for work in Digital Forums. Just check out services section. There are many people who are willing to looking for native British or US person for some work.

I also suggest you to do a course on mobile app. Since, they are on high demand nowadays.

eric_wahlberg, Jul 7, 2016 IP
  5. yellowhorse

yellowhorse Member

Best Answers:
    You can earn money from this forum .you can sell services here

yellowhorse, Jul 8, 2016 IP
  6. LastMandDown

LastMandDown Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I'm pretty new to all this online moneymaking stuff, but what worked for me was Upwork. I registered, set up my profile - mostly for marketing/SMM - and started to apply to job offers (not necessarily marketing related, I tried to get anything that seemed short and pretty easy). While waiting for the responses, I started to complete some tests as well, and in two days I already landed some jobs (even one with pretty ok hourly rate).

Meanwhile I enrolled to some online courses about digital and viral marketing on viralhack.com and also to some courses about SEO and marketing on Coursera.com. Right now I'm looking for further courses and guides, and try to deepen my skills and expand my skillset. So... my advice is to work, learn, work, learn and so on. You have to grind your way to success.

LastMandDown, Jul 8, 2016 IP
    JohnApuna likes this.
  7. theprince

theprince Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First thing, get yourself an identity & remove that messy pic.
    Brand and identity are important when it comes to starting an online business.

theprince, Jul 8, 2016 IP
  8. minisam

minisam Peon

Best Answers:
    A few days? it took me 6 months to make my first income online.But then when you talk of a few days maybe you are talking of making a few cents which to me is not enough for your time online.
    To make money online,you will do much better having your own website then monetizing your website.Affiliate products are hands-free money once you know how it works.
    I`d advise you to tale more time to learn how making money online works.Many people fail to make money online because they are looking for quick solutions, there is no quick fix anywhere, if there were short cuts, everyone will be making money online.
    Hope this helps

minisam, Jul 9, 2016 IP
  9. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Few days?? Are ya kidding me? You also mentioned that you can do Web design and coding, that is a start, the competition is fierce though, I hope you're not referring to downloading some templates and installing them as design and coding, otherwise you can start from there. Get some projects from your inner circle first, frineds and family, see who has a business and needs your service and then grow from there.
    An for the love of god, please stop looking for instant money.

Mehdi.b, Jul 10, 2016 IP
  10. Suraj Anjaana

Suraj Anjaana Banned

Best Answers:
    If you want to earn online then main and most important thing is patience. Seems like you tried one thing one day and then another one second day. If you will give time to your best service regularly in starting then can get more better.

If you have writing, coding and designing skill then will suggest you to create some example like design sample, few blogs (can host on wordpress, blogspot, hubpages etc ) and use these as example links as your work, when you submit any work proposal.

I am sure u will get response after try your best within few days.

What you need to learn is ideas and techniques only, if you have good skills

Suraj Anjaana, Jul 10, 2016 IP
  11. Saurabh Thakur

Saurabh Thakur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, making money online is not a cup of tea, it takes sometimes & you need to have good skills.
    I think you can go with your interest and select work according to your knowledge because if you like something then you can do it easily. So it is a good chance to success of your work/business.

If you are interested in start an online business with little investment then I would suggest you chosse the daily deal coupon business. For this, you just need a coupon website like Groupon. So buying a readymade script named YoDeals in just $99 and start your own business.
    I hope it will help you.

Saurabh Thakur, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  12. prinston

prinston Member

Best Answers:
    Try with crypto currency trading or play games and you can get some good profits if you really apply your strategy. I make about 50 - 60 $ per day. But it requires minimal investment to play around.

prinston, Jul 26, 2016 IP
  13. HussamBch

HussamBch Member

Best Answers:
    Could you help me with that method pls ?

HussamBch, Jul 28, 2016 IP
  14. Steven Ghandehari

Steven Ghandehari Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to put in some time picking up knowledge and refining new skills. The whole idea of making money online is very attractive and you have enough competition to make your head spin. I tried starting a website a few years ago with the idea I would make money quickly with a blog.. I would build it and they would come. Not so. I got sucked in to the sexiness of it all by people like John Chow. He promotes the good life, but doesn't really give you any advice worth much except to just dive in and that's what I did. And after about 6 months of flopping around like a fish out of water with no traffic and no money made I realized I needed to get some kind of education in the realm of making money online. I'm not one to give up so easily and I may have done a little bit of overkill here, but I have spent the last 3 years soaking up everything I could about marketing, consumer behavior, sales, communication, SEO, behavioral economics, etc, etc, etc. I have made plans and plans fell through because things changed. I would say I have probably spent at least a couple thousand on books alone and I am just now feeling as if I am ready to really dig in. If you are fairly competent at web development you might be able to make some money making some courses for places like Udemy. Or maybe other sites like that one, they recently put a price cap on their courses so it might not be such a great option... just depends on how many people you can get to sign up and how much of that traffic you can get there yourself. You might head over to amazon and do a search for content marketing and viral content.. that might give you a few nuggets that will help you get to where you want to be. Best of luck to ya!

Steven Ghandehari, Aug 9, 2016 IP
    raj085 likes this.
  15. SEOPearl

SEOPearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Learning things will help you a lot! As a beginner you need to read a lot about what you are required and must gathered the relevant info to get started your journey. So, work hard to learn and make easy to earn! Hard work never fails. Good luck!

SEOPearl, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  16. imnathanjames

imnathanjames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to apply yourself for more than a couple of days. 1-2 years would be better. It takes time to get any traction in the online world.
    I would start a blog, write about the things you tried online. why did it go wrong, what did you do to improve.
    People will like your honesty.

goodluck

imnathanjames, Aug 10, 2016 IP
  17. Navea

Navea Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You mentioned you could write blog posts. Then go to textbroker.com, apply, start writing and start earning. But the pay isn't much, you'll earn an average of $3.50 per article. But hey, it's not bad if you're going to eat soon. I write their for deliberate writing practice.

If you're looking for a sustainable income online that will make you quit your day time job, you will need to invest your time and do a lot of hard work. But if you really are motivated, today is the right time to start.

Navea, Aug 10, 2016 IP
  18. Hendrik5

Hendrik5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you want to complete work for others in exchange for money?
    Or do you want to start up your own business?

Depending on that decision, I can give you further advice.

Hendrik5, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  19. Ethan Parker

Ethan Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    OP, your post definitely made me laugh. In your first few days in Internet marketing, it seems like you have tried it all. You basically listed 90% of the methods for making money online and you spent approximately couple of hours for each method and you are saying you "wasted so much time"? I feel a little bit sorry for you, as life is going to hit you very hard buddy, straight to your face. Get serious!

Instead of asking the same question all over again, you may as well try to be more specific and ask a question on how you can, for example, earn money as a freelancer using a specific platform. Since you have mentioned you tried freelancing, I am guessing you made a choice between either Fiverr or Upwork. Explore those two platforms, try different ways, do free work, build a portfolio, learn how to approach clients, learn how to build a business, learn how to build a brand, learn how to work smart, learn how to organize time, learn how to land clients outside of Upwork/Fiverr, practice your skills, improve your skills, acquire new skills... For all of these things I listed, it will take you at least 6-12 months to learn them. After learning them, which you will of course do by going through the process of trying and failing until you succeed, you can only then say that you have invested a lot of time into building something useful. And only then, you will be in a good position to earn yourself a decent income.

Hope I put you on the right road, if the earlier posts haven't done so.

Ethan Parker, Aug 20, 2016 IP
    raj085 and qwikad.com like this.
  20. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    All I can say is, do you have a great project, about 3 years, unlimited amount of patience, good work ethics and funds to back you up in case nothing works out in the end? If not, maybe you should keep your day job and forget the whole internet marketing thing.

qwikad.com, Aug 20, 2016 IP