1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Facebook ever be replaced?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by mrforum, Aug 9, 2016.

Any chances of Facebook being replaced by another technology ??

mrforum, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  2. Nargil

Nargil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not anytime soon. People will "add" another social network to their "portfolio", rather than stop using Facebook. Many people started with Facebook, added Twitter, added Instagram, added Snapchat etc. etc. They have never stopped using one or another. Some maybe did, but huge majority haven't.

Nargil, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  3. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's almost impossible. It's same like will Google will ever be replaced? Or YouTube will ever be replaced. These giants can't be replaced. Since, they dominated the market on the weaknesses of their rivals. I still remember that Orkut used to gain so much attention, but as Facebook entered the market and utilized the weaknesses of Orkut, they became the giant of the industry.

But, this is just one factor. The other issue is, the giants like Facebook, Google, YouTube, and even Pinterest are constantly upgrading themselves; they've a huge team which is creative, innovative, and perceives how to promote the business with top-level marketing. Furthermore, even the richest people of the world have bought their stocks; they won't let it be replaced that easily.

billll, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People used to say Myspace would never be replaced. :rolleyes:

danasurvey, Aug 9, 2016 IP
  5. ferrychristian

ferrychristian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The answer is NO! People will start using some other application but not leave Facebook. Number of applications are coming, like Twitter , Instagram , Snapchat, Myspace etc, people are adding the applications to their list, but not replacing anything.

ferrychristian, Aug 10, 2016 IP
  6. hassancollins

hassancollins Peon

Best Answers:
    As long as Zuckerburg is at the helm Facebook is here to stay. There will always be new social networking apps arising every year that people enjoy like Periscope, but Facebook has the most users so for people to connect with the most people is the most valuable platform. Facebook being as big as it is, is always acquiring new successful social networking sites, for example, Facebook owns Instagram. Facebook is also always on top of their game, for instance since Snapchat didn't accept the buyout, but Facebook understood that video marketing is the way of the future, it created Facebook live & Facebook Mentions. So, in conclusion, you can always expect Facebook to be the number 1 social app.
    -Hassan

hassancollins, Aug 11, 2016 IP
  7. Froggys

Froggys Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think so because it is the best social network for advertiseng next to Instagram and it is also best for communication and it is simple,also easy to use and it is the most popular of all social networks,maybe youtube is better for its popularity but I don't think Facebook will be replaced.

Froggys, Aug 12, 2016 IP
  8. And_The-Teddy_Bach

And_The-Teddy_Bach Member

Best Answers:
    There is a huge difference between MySpace and Facebook. MySpace was a social media platform. It was new, not so many people had a profile and obviously you can't make a lot of money if ads are not shown to a lot of people. Facebook has a billion users, there are tons of opportunities for start-ups, companies, and huge corporations to invest money into Facebook ads, which they obviously do. Facebook can't be compared to MySpace, alone by looking at it's size. Facebook is a huge technology group, owning tons and developing tons of stuff.

No, Facebook the company and it's technology can't be replaced. It constantly innovates and finds new sources of revenue.

And_The-Teddy_Bach, Aug 14, 2016 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It would be fairly naive to answer "No" without knowing why you need to know and how the answer will impact on your decisions now.

Lets say you're 20 - the age that my kids are.
    When they were tiny we had dial up internet access, rss aggregators were how we kept up to date with people's blog posts.
    Then we got adsl and facebook came along. Phones were for calls and you could "text to twitter". We went travelling and we kept in touch via email and a blog.
    Phones got smarter and we got more choice about how we were social online. Tumblr moved from being a blogging platform to a weird image sharing site.
    Finally we have fibre, snapchat and we use our phones as computers 99% of the time

It is, therefore, fairly likely that in another 20 years time the systems we use to communicate will be as drastically different to now.

Plan for change, keep up with innovations.

sarahk, Aug 14, 2016 IP
    mrforum likes this.
  10. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with that, i also had that impression , we don't know how the future will look like specially the technology

mrforum, Aug 14, 2016 IP
  11. delicatebobster

delicatebobster Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think we will see the demise of fb in the next few years, twitter is slowly starting to die thanks to ig

delicatebobster, Aug 21, 2016 IP
  12. Danielzo

Danielzo Active Member

Best Answers:
    From my point of view, Facebook is too much of a giant to be replaced that easily, but any giant can be brought down. It’s all a matter of time until a better social network comes along.

Danielzo, Aug 22, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  13. Payal Saxena

Payal Saxena Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its just a matter of time when another social platform will come up and facebook will be the buried in history like orkut.

Payal Saxena, Aug 22, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  14. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MySpace fell, Facebook will fall too. It is just a matter of time.

Tedel, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  15. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    We'll never know, but one thing is for sure technology will never be the same as years goes by.
    I'm sure developers will always have something new to offer. So no, not as soon and yes, but most probably in the future.

Patricia Ann Lee, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  16. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think Whatsapp or Quora can replace Facebook. Youngsters nowadays are more hooked to Whatsapp.

eric_wahlberg, Sep 8, 2016 IP
  17. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can't agree with you for quora. There are lot of options to be added in quora to reach facebook capabilities.

VerdinaNET, Sep 9, 2016 IP
  18. Scorpion Ghost

Scorpion Ghost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You know what they say - nothing lasts forever

Scorpion Ghost, Sep 14, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  19. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are so right. Things change over time.

danasurvey, Sep 14, 2016 IP
  20. Scorpion Ghost

Scorpion Ghost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The only constant in life is change, I'd say (well, I didn't come up with that, but you know haha) :)

Scorpion Ghost, Sep 14, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.