1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Generally, the best advises about making money online!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Ethan Parker, Aug 19, 2016.

Hey guys and gals!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day. I've signed up on DP not while ago and I have been trying to help as much as I can. I honestly do not have as much time on my hands and I cannot be as active on forum as I would want to be because I generate quite a lot of freelance work on a daily basis but I am definitely trying to share some of my experiences in order to help people who are struggling.

Anyway, one of the topics that I am constantly seeing on every Internet marketing forum is how to actually make money online. Every time I enter DP or BHW or any other forum, there is at least one person who asks the same question: "What is the best way to make money online?"

I want to give my opinion on this matter. The secret to makin' money online actually does not lie in any method or technique that can be found online. It lies and starts with you.

There is no magic here and there is certainly not a method that will work for everyone. You can scrape the Internet all day long trying to find that secret way to become an Internet millionaire and to honestly tell: You ain't gonna find it brother!

These are some of the best advises you can read on this very popular topic:
    • Question everything you read on Internet- Just because someone wrote the guide on how to earn $3000 a month doing this or that, doesn't mean it is true. It doesn't even mean the person who wrote it earns that much a month. Famous gurus online are always trying to find a way to sell their products and when they do that, they tell a bunch of lies to lure you into buying some of their crap. Most of the information they are sharing can be easily found all over the Internet, and they have probably took all of the information from the same place. Just to add this as well, but I am sure that already applies- You ain't gonna learn to make money by reading, you are gonna learn by going through a set of failures and working hard on your goals.
    • You need money to make money- I am sure you have read it at least thousand of times, that you do not need money to make money. You can start with $0. Sure, this is partially true, but only if you are starting with freelancing. But if you do not have a job and a paycheck to support you and you decide to start with Internet marketing, there is a solid chance you'll end up living on the street. Earning money online is a process, it doesn't happen overnight. Therefore, never put all of your efforts into making money online if you are a total newbie. You are risking a lot.
    • No instant results, no giving up- If any of your friends, colleagues or just people you know manages to score great success pretty quickly, that doesn't mean you will too. In Internet marketing, there are no instant results. Every success requires a lot of hard work, effort, sacrifice and luck. These words are not meant to discourage you but to tell you the truth. It ain't easy, but you cannot give up if you want success from your chair.
    • Treat IM like any other job- If you do not have to wake up every morning at the same time and go to a steady 9-5 job, it doesn't mean IM is not a real business. You need to treat it like any other job and work every day to make progress. I fall down this trap many times because I felt too relaxed as I had option to organize my time the way I wanted to. This backfired more than once as I was left a lot of room for procrastination and laziness.
    • Choose one method and go!- No matter what it is, just choose one and start working, improving, perfecting and learning until you eventually reach success and earn money. There is no perfect method out there, just so you know.
    Hope I have helped some of the newbies of this forum. Have a great weekend all of you!

Ethan Parker, Aug 19, 2016 IP
  2. SEOPearl

SEOPearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Ethan it's a good sharing. If a newbie followed these process, then sure they will get the success. All the points are valuable. Hard work never fails!

SEOPearl, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  3. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you miss one of the most important thing that almost IMer need to know, that is doing SEO. According to me, SEO is the important part in digital marketing that help you grow up in long term steadily. Besides of SEO, you should also know about other digital channels such as Google Adwords, PPC, Facebook Ads, Solo ads,...and many more. These channels maybe help you in your digital campaign getting traffic or leads/customers to your website.

daica85, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  4. Ethan Parker

Ethan Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree about you, people involved with digital marketing definitely should know at least the basics of SEO, as well of social media. However, the premise of my post is targeted to the qualities one must possess and the best advises for people starting out, for those who are questioning the possible methods on how to make money online. They need to know these stuff and adopt the mindset that IM is not a game and that people on Internet work extremely hard to earn money.

After they adopt that mindset, they can choose the route they will take, no matter whether that is SEO, affiliate marketing, writing or anything else.

Ethan Parker, Aug 20, 2016 IP
  5. Quicktime

Quicktime Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know this has probably been asked a thousand times but what is the best place to learn about SEO. An easy explained guide for people who know nothing about SEO.

Quicktime, Aug 21, 2016 IP
  6. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is one of the most important ones, I need countless number of kids talking about instant money, COME ONNNNN.
    Thanks for the post, nice one.

Mehdi.b, Aug 21, 2016 IP
  7. Ethan Parker

Ethan Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Glad you like the post mate.

Ethan Parker, Aug 22, 2016 IP
  8. AlexIdea

AlexIdea Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advise for the start! It is very easy to get distracted, especially when we don't feel confident in what we are doing.

Try watching a tutorial via Youtube. You can also log into a SEO forum, and learn from there.

AlexIdea, Aug 22, 2016 IP
  9. daica85

Best Answers:
    That's right, I see that almost people fail at the beginning due to it, they give up too soon.

daica85, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  10. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    understandable, new sites take up alot of time in the beginning, you can spend
    several hours aday trying to get your site up to speed, and maintained, and when people
    do not see results within 5-7 days (as if they are entitled) then doubt, and discouragement start to set in...

Even if you do not give up, that alone is no guarantee of success, as there are other reasons
    why you may not be succeeding; ie: bad site, bad seo, bad niche, bad keyword research, etc....

If you have truly been working on your site for 1-2 years, and nothing has changed from
    day one, then you really need to sit back, and find out what you are doing wrong....

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    dscurlock, Aug 23, 2016 IP
  11. TAHA AIT

TAHA AIT Peon

Best Answers:
    Good work! thank you very much.

TAHA AIT, Aug 25, 2016 IP
  12. daica85

Best Answers:
    Usually the time for almost website's SEO projects get high ranking is around 4 months - 8 months and sometimes it will take longer to get the result base on the competitors, the difficulty of keywords, website content,...

daica85, Aug 27, 2016 IP
  13. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    high quality sites can take off quickly...
    I seen a story the other day, $0 - $4k in 4 months using only social media.
    I have personally seen the site, awesome site, awesome content, and it
    takes that type of site to go viral without doing any seo other then social media...
    if you are not lucky enough to build a hot looking site, then you will depend on seo
    for sure, and you are not likely to reach $4k in just 4 months either...

dscurlock, Aug 27, 2016 IP