1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dropshipping - what are some of the better Honest & reliable ones ???

Discussion in 'General Business' started by SCOBAHCAN, Oct 14, 2016.

Hi

I am new to the world of drop shipping and would like a straightforward and simple method of operating one.

I would like to ask you if you know of any good , reliable & honest drop shippers who will provide various incentives such as a website to sell products from, (I have been told that some do)

I am hoping for a drop shipping company that will provide me with an automated selling system.

Also I would like to deal with a drop shipper that does not charge a fee.

I should mention I know the basic concept of drop shipping BUT I would like a simplified explanation of how to go about operating a drop shipping business .

I would also add that I live in Canada and do not have any kind of merchant account but I do have a PayPal account - would a PayPal account be enough to operate a drop shipping business ?

I do expect to be involved in the work but I am trying/hoping to find a method & Co. so that eventually work on my part will minimized but I do NOT expect it to be a eliminated, (of course though that would be a nice - J).

Thank you Craig

SCOBAHCAN, Oct 14, 2016 IP
  2. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    If you have the $299 charged by places like Worldwide Brands to allow you to become a customer of their listed suppliers you have enough to start a genuine, very high profit margin business importing small quantities direct from real manufacturers in China. The profits from dropshipping are tiny compared to what you can get by direct importing.

It is a lot easier than most people think. Here is a copy of an email from a person who started off with less than $300: "Ok. From extremely skeptical to successful completion. Credit given where credit is due. I followed the book instructions you laid out. Took my time to double check everything and was able to successfully import an order from China. Not only that but it was also a “sample order” for less than 300.00. A 300% mark up has allowed to get initial investment back and I have 70% of my inventory left. Stop promoting your book. Your encouraging competition for me Many thanks." Email on file for FTC inspection if required.

If you want to learn how to do it, you could start by asking questions here: Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing

Walter Hay
    Provenchinasourcing

Importexport, Oct 16, 2016 IP
  3. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a huge risk to be scammed if you start importing / exporting at your own. I would be very careful doing that if you just starting up and money isn't something your have plenty of.

fionix, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  4. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know if one of these work with European market. Say I want to sell to Germany, Spain and Italy do you know if that will work?

fionix, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  5. Annabelle Smyth

Annabelle Smyth Peon

Best Answers:
    I would just like to second that Doba is a good drop-shipping program worth checking out :)

Annabelle Smyth, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  6. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely correct! That's why so many people have come to me to learn how to do it safely.

I have taught many hundreds of people what they need to know about safe product sourcing overseas (mostly China) and how to import without having to learn all the rules and regulations. Only one has ever been scammed, and that was because after paying for my book that showed how to be safe, he ignored the advice in my book.

Here's what he did wrong:
    • He used a B2B sourcing site that I warn has a bad reputation for scammers, instead of using one of the safe sites I recommend.
    • He didn't follow my instructions on how to choose a reliable and genuine manufacturer.
    • He placed a large order as his first order, although I strongly advise against doing that.
    • He paid by Western Union. W.U. is the scammers preferred payment method. If a supplier won't accept payment methods other than W.U. you can be almost certain they are scammers.
    Most of the people who buy my book don't have a lot of money to start with, but they know that my lifetime of experience can guide them through the process and minimize their risks. I have hundreds of testimonials from those who have successfully entered the high profit world of importing.

It is good that you have posted your warning, but I want to assure readers that the risks can be avoided.

Walter Hay
    Provenchinasourcing

Importexport, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  7. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Doba will tell you: "This is how much the item is FOR SALE for on eBay" and "This is how much we charge you for it".

The big difference between the price you will pay them and the price they say the product is listed for on eBay looks great, BUT they don't tell you: "This is how much our dropshipping fee is" or "This is how much we charge for shipping." Most important they certainly don't tell you: "This is how much the item ACTUALLY SELLS FOR".

By the time you discover what the product really sells for, you will have wasted a lot of money. See my post yesterday and think about starting a high profit margin business.

Walter Hay
    Provenchinasourcing

Importexport, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  8. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you try to sell a book here?

fionix, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  9. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    I am trying to help people avoid the risks that many of them don't even know exist. Every day there are a lot of naïve newbies who lose their small savings. See my AMA thread for free information and help.

Walter Hay,
    Provenchinasourcing

Importexport, Oct 18, 2016 IP
  10. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can you please answer my question, do you try to sell a book here?

fionix, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  11. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what you are getting at. My book is for sale and has been available for years, but trying to sell a book on a forum such as this is different to saying I have a book for sale. I am certainly not asking people to buy my book. If they want to buy it they can, simply by clicking on the link in my signature.

Walter Hay
    Provenchinasourcing

Importexport, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  12. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You advertise your book and let it look in this thread like you want to help people! This is hidden advertising.. that's my point and you know from the first question I asked already what my point is... Good luck I WILL NOT BUY YOUR BOOK. Open a sales thread if you want to sell it!

fionix, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  13. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Have you bothered to look at my AMA thread? There is genuine help there. Although only one or two questions have been asked, I have posted a lot of valuable information, and I will be posting more. It has many views shown, so it is obviously a subject that interests a lot of people.

The comments that I post such as in this thread are also of value, particularly to newbies. There is so much misinformation posted that when I spot it I provide a correction. For example, the first reply to the OP ignored the OP's statement that he wants to locate suppliers who don't charge a fee. I commented on the high membership fee charged by one of the dropship sites he mentioned.

I also commented on the post by another member who recommended Doba, and pointed out one of the pitfalls in dealing with that company. Isn't that helpful?

You posted a warning about risks, and I agreed with that, and expanded on the subject, with specific helpful advice rather than a blanket warning that didn't provide any real advice.

I am sure the mods will correct me if my posts are not genuinely helpful. I don't ask anyone to buy my book. Your first question: "So you try to sell a book here?" seemed to indicate that you were possibly interested in buying my book, but I made no attempt to push it to you in response.

It might have been better if your first post directed at me was a straight out objection, then I could have answered it directly.

Walter Hay
    Provenchinasourcing.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Importexport, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  14. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    I want to add this as an example of how I genuinely help: There was a post by an Alibaba employee, Jason, on July 21 listing INCOTERMS. He had cut and paste the list from another website and that list didn't provide an adequate explanation of these terms that relate to shipping when importing.

I posted a detailed explanation in my thread:Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing This is a very important subject and ignorance of the real meaning of those terms has caused a lot of new importers to lose big dollars. I am sure my post would have helped a lot of readers avoid such losses.

Walter Hay
    Provenchinasourcing.

Importexport, Oct 21, 2016 IP
  15. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:

Try wholesale Ted. Look them up. They offer a list of dropshippers that has been checked,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Nov 28, 2016 IP
  16. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    WholesaleTed gives you an affiliate link to Salehoo. Sure they have list of dropshippers, but being checked means that they dropship. It says nothing about how good their prices are or how reliable they are.

Do you really want to join the thousands of Salehoo members who buy from that list of dropshippers? They will be competing with you, selling excavate the same products. Margins on dropshipping are low enough without entering such a crowded market where you will likely finish up in a race to the bottom.

For a real, high profit business that you can control, and start with a small amount of capital, consider direct import of small quantities from real manufacturers in China. See my AMA link in post No. 14 above.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Nov 29, 2016 IP