1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Released from Prison

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tibberous, Oct 7, 2021.

I just got out of prison after 4 years. Anyone else on here been locked up/gotten out?

I read A LOT, but 4 years is a long time.

Any other felons on here?

tibberous, Oct 7, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Oh, I imagine there are, once you've done your time you get to make a fresh start. Must have been interesting being inside while covid ran rampant around the well - I hope you were safe.

So... have you got a plan? What tech adventures interest you??

sarahk, Oct 7, 2021 IP
  3. tibberous

tibberous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, that is rarely how it works in America. I will be in court for years between appeals and lawsuits. In America, 70% of he people released from prison return within 3 years.

If I were a young man, I'd love to get into AI development with Python. One of my first days out, I watched DeepMind 5-0 a human in Starcraft 2 (). I think there are huge opportunities in AI; not just for money, but to literally reshape the world.

Sadly, I am not a young man, and I'll probably have to just play the cards I'm holding. I want to share the story of what happened to me, and perhaps put together a community to help people use and understand the court system, and to help Americans who have been victimized by the criminal justice system move abroad, find new counties, and get citizenship. I studied Spanish and Russian in prison; now I'm playing Duolingo on my phone.

I think cryonics is the future of medicine. At least, I think replacing bodies will be the future of medicine, and cryonics will be the step that gets humanity there. I read "The Prospect of Immortality" by C. W. Ettinger in prison. The book shows its age, but in a way, the parts the book gets most wrong show how right it was. C. W. Ettinger didn't know how to bring back a frozen person. He wrote his book in 1964, before there was any understanding of DNA, or the internet, or CRISPER; over 20 years before Super Mario Brother and Duckhunt for Nintendo. Now, not even 60 years later, we can already take his gnome from a single frozen cell, and clone a brand new him. How long until some brain-reader can take a brain apart cell-by-cell and digitize the data? 20-30 years? I for one would like a do-over.

Right now, I am focusing on increasing my capacity to do stuff: Laptop, email, vehicle, cell phone, bank accounts, crypto and investment accounts, credit score, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, server, domains... and I have BOXES of legal work to digitize from prison.

tibberous, Oct 8, 2021 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    There may even be a career in helping people create databases of evidence. Making a timeline of even the smallest of details helps in complex cases.

sarahk, Oct 8, 2021 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Someone with Python and C++ skills and a modicum of experience with implementing AI/ML (not developing algorithms, but making them work) is in hot demand these days. Robot manufacturers, in particular need such developers.

This may already exist, but how about a website that helps people prepare for going to prison and then, once out, prepare to move forward? Could be an advice blog with sections on different topics. Not sure how you would monetize it, but I bet lawyers would want to advertise to your audience.

jrbiz, Oct 9, 2021 IP
  6. tibberous

Best Answers:
    Well, that is kind of my idea, as long as someone's idea of moving forward involves leaving the US. The problem is this:

https://www.statista.com/statistics...h-the-most-prisoners-per-100-000-inhabitants/

The biggest 2 determining factors of whether or not you're in prison (after being older than 12) are:

Are you American?
    Are you a man?

Then, Are you black? - which I'm not, and either were a lot the people I was locked up with.

I would like to make a CD or app that teaches kids about the criminal / court system. America really has become a country where prosecutors, and lawyers in general, can pretty much victimize whomever. It is extortion more than most people realize, encouraged by the theft of the profits of America's trillion dollar drug industry.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    tibberous, Oct 9, 2021 IP
  7. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since you forgot to include a noun and a verb in your sentence, I took the liberty of adding them for you.

mmerlinn, Oct 9, 2021 IP
  8. tibberous

Best Answers:
    Ha ha

tibberous, Oct 9, 2021 IP