1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help choosing system to use

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by CHEETAH, Jan 6, 2007.

I want to have a website put together for a motorsport niche. I want the site to have a forum, news and video feeds, and blog. I also want registered users to have a personal space to upload pics and personal blogs. I want a flash design header. A spot on main page for registered users vehicle of the month. Needs to be set up for adsense and possible paypal. The tough part is it needs to be easy for me to maintain since I dont have background in this area. I need to be able to update site pics, edit, delete etc. through a control panel. QUESTION: What would be the best CMS to use for this site? Suggestions, help and advice appreciated. Cheetah.

CHEETAH, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  2. JohanVdB

JohanVdB Peon

Best Answers:
    Go for Joomla

joomla.org

JohanVdB, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  3. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is of course the tipical response, but it all depends on what you are trying to do and how you want to do it.

There are virtually hundreds of options, but there are several factors that can help you determine what tools are best suited for your project.

Firs and foremost it's your budget, money can buy you the most beautiful and most functional website... but lack of funds limit you to very few free open source cms, forums, blogs to work with.

Second it's the type of integration you are looking to have, it makes more sense to have your clients/members be able to log in to one section of your site and be able to use (logged in) other features such as blogs/gallery/forums even if those other features use a complete different database or simply are different software.

Last I think it's the level of graphic design and look and feel you want, graphic designers get paid very well for a reason. lol

I got your pm, and I look forward to working with you in the future.

EJRaven, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  4. JohanVdB

JohanVdB Peon

Best Answers:
    typical or not, he did say what he wanted to do - and Joomla is a perfect fit for his requirements.

Johan

JohanVdB, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  5. EJRaven

EJRaven Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right, it's still a very common response.

I think a combination of joomla/ipb/ipb_gallery/ipb_blog and custom joomla ez rider could be a good solution.

EJRaven, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  6. JohanVdB

JohanVdB Peon

Best Answers:
    sounds good indeed!:)

JohanVdB, Jan 7, 2007 IP