1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can someone explain Myspace.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Aspirin, Jan 14, 2007.

I know the concept of what it does, but how can you promote a business or market a product on Myspace.

I have just started an account there, what do I do next? :confused:

Aspirin, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  2. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Add friends (you can use "myspace trains" to add multiple friends
    ------------> join a train: http://www.whoretrain.net/
    ------------> Just ad your myspace ID # there and some people will start adding you

It's more effective if you add friends who belong in your ideal target group for your business (ex: teens, males, females, etc) the browse options will help you do this.

2. Post a bulletin with your business's ad or promotion (be careful! Don't post too much...)

8everything, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  3. Mywill

Mywill Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you add a lot of friends or as I call them, pawns. Then when you have a lot you post bulletins with things like "Free RingTones" "Free iPod" etc etc, and the links that you post are either ones people pay you to post, or ones you post that are referral links.

Mywill, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  4. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    You might wanna look at My Myspace Marketing tips, in short, try not to spam with 1000s of bulletins, do it ethically and you have more chances of survival and building a "business"...try groups, targetted comments etc...it's all about bilding relationship with prospective customers..

AnaB, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  5. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but what I found is that once you post a lot of these types of bulletins, "friends" start realizing that you're spamming them.. so what I would do is:

- Post some of those friend chain letters (lots of people do them) or even bulletins like "what's up?" "comment on my new pic" so you seem more human
    - When it's your friend's birthdays (it will show on your account) take a few seconds to go to their account and post "happy birthday"
    - Comment on certain friend's page and/or pics once in a while. Again, it only takes a few seconds and you will seem more human

This just ensures that the people you're sending the bulletins will actually read it (make it more effective).

Good luck!

8everything, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  6. FunkyDog

FunkyDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great info, something i can also use. Thx! :D

FunkyDog, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  7. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what exactly do those whore trains do and how do you use them?

iul, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  8. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If this weren't a marketing forum I'd be laughing my ass off at that post.

checksum, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  9. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lucky for me it is a marketing forum :))

iul, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  10. mintdanny

mintdanny Peon

Best Answers:
    Soryy to intrude on your thread but i also have a question,

when setting up the myspace account what pictures/info do you use on the account?

Danny

mintdanny, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  11. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    ^ I can tell you what not to use.... a random photo of someone.. or even a stock one (that's a big no no!). What you can do (and what I do) is take some random photograph of your shoes or arms or something (where the face isn't visible). It may sound strange, but it works for me! Adding a realistic photograph helps on making your profile seem more "human." People don't want to add... someone with a profile pic of a smilie face graphic or something, you know?

Basically, you add your account ID there and several "myspace whores" will add your account. What are these "myspace whores" ? Just people who want to collect as many friends as possible (to.. ultimately make it seem like they're popular). IT's an easy way to recieve several friend requests IMO.

8everything, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  12. Pat Gael

Pat Gael Banned

Best Answers:
    Friends?

In MySpace are potential clients, potential victims or whatever else, but that of friends sounds ironic IMO.

Pat Gael, Jan 15, 2007 IP