1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Transparent Image works in Firefox but not IE6?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by ScottyTee, Jan 25, 2007.

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask for your assistance, Im a newbie to the design field but for one of my personal projects thought I would dip my toe in the water... I'm all about learning from my mistakes and so I wanted some assistance with a logo I have placed at the top of my site www.ferrarimeets.com/index2.php (still under construction)

If you notice that top image (http://www.ferrarimeets.com/img/logo.png) its fine in Firefox... but not in IE6? Can anyone help me with this? I'm not sure what settings I should do to make it totally transparent such as PNG 8, 32... Index Transparency or Alpha?

Im using Macromedia Fireworks... assistance is appreciated. :)

Thanks!

ScottyTee, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  2. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    PNG transparencies, in general, don't really work with IE in any flavor (in my experience). I always end up using a GIF file for any transparency; theirs is not as fine, but it works in both browsers.

Hope that helps.

- Scott

scottmweaver, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  3. ARonald

ARonald Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the reason for this is that IE 6 doesn't support transparent PNGs. Browsers like FireFox and Opera do, but IE 6 doesn't. Maybe thats the cause of your problem. I don't think you can do anything about it from your side, as its a problem related to the browser.

-ARonald

ARonald, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  4. ScottyTee

ScottyTee Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey guys,

Thanks very much for your information... hmm wondering what I could do now.. perhaps try and align the fading in that strip with a new logo in which I would make the background try to blend in with the background blend... any other suggestions?

Thanks! :)

ScottyTee, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  5. scottmweaver

scottmweaver Peon

Best Answers:
    Like I said before.. using a gif image would work fine. Are you using photoshop?

scottmweaver, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  6. ScottyTee

ScottyTee Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey mate,

Im using Fireworks.. but I think I got it.. I just cut the background the red fading one.. and matched the gradient.. and made it into a jpg :) not bad for a newbie :D

Thanks very much for your help though. Really appreciated.

ScottyTee, Jan 26, 2007 IP