1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What can I do with $150?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Lasseleeten, Mar 6, 2007.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    Lasseleeten, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  2. MikeLeeProxy

MikeLeeProxy Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey, you can start a proxy topsite, or a directory and make a lot of money from google adsense. :) Or you can invest in azoogle ads and PPC programs. :)

MikeLeeProxy, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  3. integrity

integrity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Create your own product and sell it. 1. Pick a topic. 2. write a product about it. 3. Sell it.

integrity, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  4. Bulldog-Designs

Bulldog-Designs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buy quality traffic

Bulldog-Designs, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  5. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    What are your skills and talents? Can you write well? Do you know how to program (code) or design? How much time do you have to dedicated? All are important answers that you need to answer first before you venture into a website.

drig, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  6. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Spend some time reading what others at DP may have to share about their online businesses. Some buy domains and resell at a higher price, others buy ready websites and develop them further to resell at a higher price. Some get paid to post (no financial investments involced, just your time). Or if you're a designer / developer, you could offer your services here on DP. Once you earn some cash, you can thing of investing it together with your initial $150 budget as you'll probably need more than that for a quality earning website.

Good luck.

Clive, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  7. Lasseleeten

Lasseleeten Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, that was some fast answers :D

What are your skills and talents? Uhm.. Hmm. Good question :D I guess I know a little bit about computers..
    Can you write well? I'm from Norway, so I'm not going to write a ebook :D
    Do you know how to program (code) or design? No :(
    How much time do you have to dedicated? I got about 3 hours a day, and sometimes more.

What about proxys, is there possible to earn a little bit there?

8. codyturk

codyturk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buy a simple myspace script or arcade script for like 10 bucks. Spend the rest on marketing. It's simple money, most of the time not alot of money but it works.

If you want to be more professional and earn good professional money listen the people above me.

codyturk, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  9. Lasseleeten

Lasseleeten Member

Best Answers:
    How much can I earn on a myspace or arcade script?

10. OliverG

OliverG Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're good with computers, then i suggest you start something within the computing niche. Maybe start a tech news blog, a tech forum (although forums really aren't very profitable most of the time), something along those lines.

I find the best way to come up with an idea for a site, is to think of a problem you face, and then think of what your ideal solution would be. If that solution already exists, try again :)

OliverG, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  11. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, without any marketable qualities, you're best bet is to stick with a turnkey website or to invest it elsewhere. Check out http://freeturnkey.net/scripts.php for free turnkey scripts. Best of luck.

drig, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  12. codyturk

codyturk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well over 5 months I have made around thousand or so. Not alot at all but enough to buy a few of my school books and to go out on weekends. But there are people around here probably just almost making a living off myspace and arcade sites. They are very rare to find since the competition has grown very quickly.

codyturk, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  13. integrity

integrity Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is way to much competition in that area for a newbie. Do a site on computing.

integrity, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  14. AvarianParakeet

AvarianParakeet Peon

Best Answers:
    A good tech blog or a good tech site could pay a lot. There's a lot of competition, but you could try to build a great video game website and then get an affiliate setup with ebay/amazon or even gamestop. Amazon pays 10% and Gamestop %5. The real money would be if you could find a good store that pays a kickback. Clickbank and programs like it would only degrade the value of your site, but if you can hookup with a good online store and provide information on technology and computers, you could make a lot of money.

An arcade site could work too, but those are mainly nice because they act like proxies. Once you set them up, they only require a little maintance and you have to keep adding games. The payout rates are low though, and it would take a lot of work to get discovered. The proxy market is a little saturated and cutthroat for a newbie and I don't know about myspace sites.

AvarianParakeet, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  15. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well i don't whant to discourage but you started wrong : If you don't have the money (my case) you must invest skills and time
    As i see you don't have nothing from this 3 ......

Olso "on internet" you can make money with difrent ways :
    Freelancing (my main income) out of a question since you can't ofer any service

Adsense / Afilliates - must build a site promote etc .... you don't know this neighder

Conclusion start learning and then think at obtaining money
    Nothing is easy and WORK and WORK is the key

w3bmaster, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  16. Mesoc

Mesoc Active Member

Best Answers:
    start with your hobbies, for example your favorite sports team, maybe do a fan site or something and get your foot in the door, throw some adsense or affilates on the website and your off to a start.

Mesoc, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  17. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Assuming you already have a site going. Use the $150 to get an outsourced traffic generator. If you have a dating site, $150 MIGHT generate $500 to $2000 depending on how good the person you outsource to is.

Anyway, I wish ya the best.

webmasterlabor.com, Mar 6, 2007 IP
  18. Lasseleeten

Lasseleeten Member

Best Answers:
    I have been thinking of making a game blog. Where you can watch videos and read a little bit about the new games that coming out.

Anyone think this is a good idea?
    Also, how do i add a banner and adsense to wordpress? =P

Thanks

Lasseleeten, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  19. D_C

D_C Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Game websites are usually popular assuming you advertise correctly. Be careful for the videos part, if it is being taken from another game website they may have a problem with you using.

D_C, Mar 7, 2007 IP
  20. wwwhome

wwwhome Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you are good at.design?seo,or code,etc.

wwwhome, Mar 7, 2007 IP