1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Myspace Marketing soon to be crushed...

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by advancedfuture, Mar 24, 2007.

1. AnaB

AnaB Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't really blame them. Although it's sad for some marketers. But, makes sense that they do it. Moral of the story: don't ever spam :)

AnaB, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  2. SteveAR

SteveAR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    tom using the word "beejesus" ? dont think so and he doesnt work there anymore.

SteveAR, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  3. MrsWrite

MrsWrite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad they're going to do something about it. I'm so tired of the spam comments.

MrsWrite, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  4. fade

fade Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its going to hurt all myspace marketers bank accounts, but the spam was getting excessive anyway. there are ways to make money on myspace without spamming.

fade, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  5. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad.

The spammers were ruining it for us anyway. It's why I don't share any of my tactics with people anymore. It eventually gets to affiliate spammers and they over do it then ruin it.

Affiliate marketers by nature deal in volume. So of course that leaves them with no choice but to over do everything they do in sort of a scorched earth manner.

Affiliate spammer scum started phishing (basically stealing) large myspace accounts to use for SPAM and that was the final straw for myspace. They literally HAD to do something.

Good riddance.

GeorgeB., Mar 25, 2007 IP
  6. gkgk11

gkgk11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with this fully. I was going to use a friend adder to send a few non spam bullitens. but then i stopped because i was horried at the ends upon ends of spam on ppls profiles.

gkgk11, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  7. castik1

castik1 Member

Best Answers:
    They will never be able to stop the spammers. I know it sucks but that's the truth. MySpace is just too good of an opportunity for spammers to let it go. They will find ways around it.

castik1, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  8. drig

drig Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace "spam" will be crushed, but NOT myspace marketing. Your title is VERY misleading.

drig, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  9. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wish they would make it easier to just delete people. It is soo hard to find that one person who sends stupid comments on your friends-list to delete. They make it easier with bulletins, but it's harder with comments.

kh7, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  10. bunnybling

bunnybling Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't have to delete the user. Just go to their profile by clicking on their photo on their comment and block that user.

bunnybling, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  11. bobby1

bobby1 Peon

Best Answers:
  12. Hugeforum

Hugeforum Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you think facebook will exceed myspace one day in both marketing and ranks ?

Hugeforum, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  13. fyo

fyo Peon

Best Answers:
    "yeah well it sucks for me having a myspace layouts/images/graphics website."

You don't think theses grapic/layout sites are SPAM?

You are just trying to get people there to make money from google or yahoo. So you are not running affiliate ads you are still spamming!

fyo, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  14. bigspaces

bigspaces Guest

Best Answers:
    You guys are flat out WRONG if you think that their new court victories will not apply to regular guys like us. They are winning cases that are convincing the courts that regular comments should fall under the CAN-SPAM act:

From Myspace Case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_Spam_Act_of_2003

Check out the requirements. An easy opt-out method? How are we supposed to do that? Basically, you might be screwed if you send out any type of commercial message. Unless.....

Anyone want to buy some Jesus enlargement pills?;)

bigspaces, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  15. Activeweb

Activeweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not spamming when the myspace users are the ones posting comments on their friends profiles using those images/graphics found on myspace resource sites.

In my opinion, most resource sites are safe. It's those comment spammers leaving mass comments about paid surveys and crap like that - that will be delt with.

Activeweb, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  16. bigspaces

bigspaces Guest

Best Answers:
    It's nice to think of big companies like myspace as friendly, right? I mean Tom looks like such a nice dude!!

And then one day they go RIAA on everyone and their dog.

bigspaces, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  17. Activeweb

Activeweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    doubt it...myspace is all about "Your Space" and these resource sites let you customize your space. To ban and go after them isn't something I see happening. Myspace without layouts, funny comments and graphics....just isn't going to happen

This reminds me of those C&D's that were supposedly sent out to resource site owners using myspace in their domain names....everyone was freaking out saying it was all over. Guess what?.....those resource sites are still alive and kicking.

...if anyone with a myspace resource site is worried, I'd be more then happy to take your site off your hands

Activeweb, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  18. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace is huge but it is slowly but surely going the way of remember this one..."go.com"

SFOD_D223, Mar 30, 2007 IP
  19. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your foolish to think this. They cant stop it no matter how many people they take to court. Its just like your personal email, they fight this stuff everyday and still we get tons of spam. It wont ever go away! Even if they change code, there is always someone out there to get around it, nothings concrete.

Also if you read the Can_Spam act its against email? I think the only way they are getting that one guy is that he phised the accounts, if your sending "comment" thats not classified as an email. (I could be wrong but I just read through it and didnt see anything other than email related)

superrichguy, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  20. gcalcines

gcalcines Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol, my account went from over 9000 friends to
    less than 6000 friends in one month. Go figure
    how many more will be deleted, and I still get
    those comments in my profile.

gcalcines, Mar 31, 2007 IP