1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

$250 per Month Target !!!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by priyakochin, Apr 4, 2007.

I am planning to start a business with small investment within this holidays.Can anyone please help me to find a suitable business.

I am targeting $250/month.What is the best plan.

Is starting a link directory is a good idea ?

priyakochin, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  2. prodigy

prodigy Guest

Best Answers:
    depending, directories are great. They can make a good 50-75$ or more if done correctly. Maybe try e-books, or buying things wholesale and sell on ebay :)

prodigy, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  3. hitzatak

hitzatak Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you could start blogging about something popular. Even my site makes around $250 monthly.

hitzatak, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  4. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Freelancing and 250$ is very small target when i started i put my target at 1k now i have my target at 3 k :)

w3bmaster, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  5. Dominic Lee

Dominic Lee Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any particular skillsets? If you do, the easiest way is to sell your service.

You can provide all sorts of services like web design, graphic design, article writing, SEO...

Once you have identified what service you want to provide - you need to market it.

Easiest and cheapest way? Craigslist, forums, and freelancing sites.

An extra tip about freelancing site, for the 1st 1-2 project, do it for really cheap so you can win a project and build up your reputation.

Just take action and good luck to your endeavor. $250 is a realistic goal that I think you can easily achieve given the motivation and work.

Dominic Lee, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  6. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    Graphic Design/Web Design and Programming would be the fastest way to get to your goal. $250 is chump change. If you do programming for $25/hour, it'd only take you 10 hours. Design could get you that money even faster, as most web design projects usually get billed at $500-$3000 depending on the project.

If you are good at design, learn oscommerce. It's very hard to find a competent oscommerce designer these days. Then learn to design with the other shopping carts, you could make a large business out of it if you can design oscommerce/zencart/yahoo stores/x-cart/cube cart/etc.

Discreet, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  7. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    I know web scripting !
    And SEO little.
    But how can I get some valuable projects.
    I can also provide some paid service for low cost.

8. Bombaywala

Bombaywala Peon

Best Answers:
    I second that. So freaking difficult to find some one to do amazing design (considering all visual aspects, usability, readability, ease of use and most important of all - design related to the product). If you become good at this - you can easily make money equivalent to US designers. So if you know little bit of everything, it will be very hard so learn and become good in one thing. Be it designing, SEO, programming or whatever you chose. Goodluck.

Bombaywala, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  9. James12513

James12513 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are so many different niches that you can go in to. First of all, if your very knowledgeable about a certain subject e.g. Car mechanics, you could make a blog and post all tips and hints about it.

But if you’re going to make a blog, the content has to be unique and interesting.

I would recommend building a website where you can gain revenue from ads and some sort of product/ service you earn. With ppc I would recommend Adsense and when your site gets bigger try Adbrite.

NOTE: Do not go in to a niche where there is high competition and very low paying keywords (you won't get any thing from the ads).
    e.g. myspace resource site, arcade site etc.

If you really want to go in to these niches, you could buy a site that is getting some traffic and revenue already. Starting from scratch is very hard and most people end up selling their site. You really have to know what your doing i.e. getting traffic to your site and optimizing your ads and content.

Any way I'm probably boring you now lol I wish you the best of luck and remember to get a successful site, it takes a lot of time and patience , don't expect to suddenly get $100+ a day, it's hard work and takes a lot of time. But don't be put off, keep on and I'm sure you will get there. :)

James

James12513, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  10. gkgk11

gkgk11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try www.elance.com

gkgk11, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  11. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    try getafrelancer the best freelance site

w3bmaster, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  12. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    Can anyone give me some services that I can do.
    like directory submission for SEO , forum posting etc !!!

13. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    Can you do link development at all? And I'm not talking about getting junk links from any site, if I gave you a site in a specific market would you know how to go about getting 1-way related links?

Discreet, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  14. link_dev

link_dev Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you good at writing content for websites?
    This can easily give you $5-$25 and much more on the upside as you build your reputation. Charging for your writing skillls can earn you many pet projects going forward. All you need do is identify areas, where you are good at and start writing.
    I heard a new word "ghost blogging", where some people blog on behalf of others. See, if there are people looking for such services.

Good luck
    link dev

link_dev, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  15. Louis11

Louis11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I can say as an old freelancer... don't do things for low costs. That is probablly the single most important bit of advice I have ever gotten. Why do a job for $25 when others will pay $100 for the exact same work? I'm not saying to charge exorbinant prices for your work, but charge for your time, ability, and quality. If the client isn't willing to pay your price, and their budget doesn't fit into what you're expecting... working with them probablly won't be the best experience, as these people tend to micromanage you and usually don't understand all that goes into developing a site from scratch.

Many design firms also look for designers to do their projects, so try and get on with a new firm and do your freelancing on the side. Post and check forums daily for users looking for new designs. Act quick on the forum posts, usually those looking for designs will get tons of PM's in a short period of time.

Good Luck! :)

Louis11, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  16. Oregon Coast Lover

Oregon Coast Lover Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a blog, try PayPerPost. I make around $700 a month for reviewing and writing about other people's services and products.

Oregon Coast Lover, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  17. forumrating

forumrating Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you must plan per day of work hours and revenues generation, then you will end up making much more :)

forumrating, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  18. platinumn23

platinumn23 Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried Internet Marketing??

I have a series of Arcade Sites that I market and make about $80,000 per month... (about $50,000 after expenses)

platinumn23, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  19. sukantab

sukantab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are a decent writer, you might think about article writing.

sukantab, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  20. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    How can I get the article writing works ???

priyakochin, Apr 5, 2007 IP