1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Easter with illutrator

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Rollike, Apr 11, 2007.

Hello...
    I would like to know if any of you know a good tutorial for Adobe illustrator on how to make easter-stuff.... (yeahhh I know.. easter is all over for this year *G*)
    I have searched google and found a lot of easter eggs... but no chickens, bunnies or anything else...
    I am not good at making thing from crach so i would like som tutorials... :)
    Thanks in advance
    Mette

Rollike, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  2. Poxicator

Poxicator Peon

Best Answers:
    You can find loads of tutorials at Adobe

Poxicator, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  3. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    8everything, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  4. Rollike

Rollike Peon

Best Answers:
    well.. i can't find any eastertutorialt on adobes site... :confused:

Rollike, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  5. Rollike

Rollike Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, thank you.. i have photoshop.. but id like to wok in illustrator.. well maybe i can use some vector tutorials for photoshop and try to make it in illustrator.. it is worth a shot :)

Rollike, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  6. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
  7. Poxicator

Poxicator Peon

Best Answers:
    sorry, what I was taking up was that you're not good with creating things. I suggest you learn some basics of creating shapes in illustrator, an understanding of bezier curves and the pathfinder palette, plus how to change strokes and paths.
    Then you should take the cartoon approach to images - think of them as a series of shapes combined to make the graphic - 3 circles for each eye, 2 elipses for each ear, rounded triangle for head and nose, elipse for the body etc etc.

8. Rollike

Rollike Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha.... :D you should have seen the little yellow chicken i tryed to make from cratch... well it ended up in the bin.. it was a very scary sight! :D
    Does photoshop and Illustrator work in the same way? i have not tryed vector art in photoshop.. so can i learn skills in photoshop to use in illustrator?

Rollike, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  9. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    You should try vector art in Photoshop. They're not EXACT but you will learn the basics... practice your skills w/ the pen tool (click and drag, click and drag, its tedious work).

10. Poxicator

Poxicator Peon

Best Answers:
    using the pen tool in illustrator or photoshop is almost exactly the same and in my working environment I transfer paths from one to the other all the time. However illustrator is a vector paths application and therefore has much more control, vector filters and a variety of tools to help create your objects. The benefit of illustrator is its not resolution dependent so increasing the size will not deteriorate the image. Plus global colour changes can be done easily.
    Photoshop CS2 introduced some of the alignment/distribution options to vector paths but I'd always prefer to create & edit my vectors in illustrator.

11. Rollike

Rollike Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for explaining that :) i can't realy put my finger to why i like illustrator better then photoshop. But i an facinated with the fact that I can resize the image.. i would love to be able to draw.. and in real life i'm never going to be able to do that... but i think i have e small chance at the computer *L*

Rollike, Apr 11, 2007 IP