1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I do all the work. You keep all the money and teach me.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by spot86, Jun 7, 2007.

Not sure if this is an unusal proposal or not but I'd like a little "apprenticeship".

I'm willing to do all of the work from scratch to build a website that makes an income. Doesn't even have to be a highly lucrative income, I'd be happy to learn how to make a website that can make a few dollars a day within a month or so.

I realize this thread might arouse some suspicions, so let me try to deal with those now. I'm not trying to steal people's ideas for a site or anything here. If someone is concerned about that then don't give me the info to log into the account for the site or something. I'll just submit all of the work through emails to the site admin and he can post it.

What I really want to learn here is how to effectively build a site with good content and how to effectively do SEO. So if your looking for someone to submit to bunches of directories that's fine, just explain everything to me so that I understand how it all works.

What are my skills? I can write well and produce good content. I can research things pretty thoroughly. I don't have a "get rich quick" mentality and am willing to work hard to learn the ins and outs of this.

Like I said in the title, I'm willing to work for free in exchange for someone walking me through the processes of making a website that generates a little money. If at any time the site admin decides he doesn't want my help anymore then that's a-okay(he'll have full control of the site anyways)

So if anyone is interested in teaching a newbie how these things work and doesn't want to do the nitty gritty stuff please do the following:

1. Post your interest in this thread and I'll PM you.

or

2. Post you interest in this thread and PM me.

I'd like anyone interested to post their interest in the thread so that if someone doesn't have the best reputation other DPers will see and be able to call them out. I'll be checking everyone's previous posts to see if they are knowledgable, trustworthy, and good to work with.

Please only express interests if you have at least 300 DP posts, I don't want a newbie training a newbie.

Any questions or suggestions feel free to post them. Thanks.

Tim

spot86, Jun 7, 2007 IP
    sachin410 likes this.
  2. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's an interesting offer, have you considered joining to Blog Mastermind (by Yaro Starak) for example? It's an upcoming blog mentoring program which might be useful for you?

In case you want other people to get in touch with you, it would be good to know bit more about yourself. Like - what are your interests and skills.

Game Producer, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  3. instruite

instruite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have quite a few ideas but short on time developing those sites
    let me know if you have any coding skills?

instruite, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  4. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    spot87, i may have something in mind for you. let me know privately if you want my help.

devin, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  5. sspoldir

sspoldir Guest

Best Answers:
    sspoldir, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  6. hasbehas

hasbehas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any coding skills ? Pm me please.

hasbehas, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  7. LegendaryPosting

LegendaryPosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a registered company you can do an internship with so you can actually put down on in resume you might have get back to me!

LegendaryPosting, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  8. spot86

spot86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

As for coding, sorry I'm not much help there. I know some HTML and CSS but that's about it.

Probably the biggest help I would be in this would be writing the content, researching, and the menial stuff of SEO like submitting to directories or whatever else goes on with that.

I am going to check out everything suggested and reply to the PMs.

spot86, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  9. LinkSales

LinkSales Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, if youve got the content writing down, you're set. All you need to do is start a blog about something you enjoy or something that you would find it easy to write about.

Wordpress blogs are SEO ready so thats a plus. Just start adding content daily and pinging to pingoat.com and pingomatic.com

With good content you will devlop a following who actively read your blog/ click on advertisements.

LinkSales, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  10. spot86

spot86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

Game producer: Thanks for posting about that blog I'm reading it now it's one of the best resources I've seen. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out SEO and have seen little bits and pieces here and there but nothing in depth and easy to understand like this guy explains it. Thanks!

I think I'm going to take your advice linksales and go it alone here now that I see more of a clearcut plan for SEO.

So offer is taken back:) Thanks everyone.

spot86, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  11. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome. Remember to get back to us, and report about your progress.

Game Producer, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  12. kgrad

kgrad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you are still interested.
    I can show you how to create a Niche content Website from scratch, and make it earn at least $3 per day via Adsense. (so keep on working and creating such sites after you have learned how to make one.. only the sky is the limit.)
    PM me for details.

kgrad, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  13. R0b

R0b Peon

Best Answers:
    I question whether or not an apprenticeship is the best use of your time. Here's why:

1. You will learn more by making your own mistakes. Putting up your own money forces you to think long and hard about how you spend it, and increases the pain when you do something stupid.

2. While there are plenty of web superstars on this forum, there are also lots of yahoos. Hook up with the wrong person, and you will have to unlearn all the bullsh!t they teach you.

3. Making money online is heavily influence by your personality. There are certain things you will and won't feel comfortable doing. There are certain things you will and won't be interested in. You are best to find things that fit you - not someone else.

4. You can learn a lot just by reading these forums.

5. Your time would probably be better spent working for someone else for pay. For instance, learn HTML or PHP or content writing by taking on a paid project at a cheap rate. Some people will give beginners a shot.

I came into the Internet marketing world by accident. I started a blog in early 2003 that happened to become popular. A blog company picked it up and monetized it. I realized there was potential in this field. So I spent a year on these forums, learning, testing different web business models and ideas. I've bought and sold websites, built directories, other blogs, MFA, etc. and am currently experimenting with tutorials, ebooks, and hyperlocal content sites.

My personal recommendation is that you spend some time playing with different web business models until you figure out what best suits you. Then find the person that is the best at that business model, and approach him/her personally about an apprenticeship.

R0b, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  14. DomainerHelper

DomainerHelper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Under 300 posts doesn't make one a newbie genius. This site isn't the site that defines one's experience. You sound too closed minded and aggressive to learn.

DomainerHelper, Sep 9, 2012 IP