1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market a new web 2.0 social/music/video networking site??

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Jasonb, May 30, 2007.

1. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah im not going to use traffic exchanges to be honest because i dont want to give any links out on the site you know. Just links to inner pages and my own website really. I will however! Make a Squidoo lens :) And other free things like that, sadly the myspace name like the domain name is taken and iv already made an offer for it but the owner hasnt got back to me yet.

I will deffo start campaigns via myspace, i have allready order 500,000 myspace comments and 200,000 bullitins. Also i have purchased tagged.com comments and hi5 comments

As mentioned reviewme and a few text links from text-link-ads but not many.

I'm going to actually make a few sites myself like free layout sites, free glitter graphics ect.. This would be too to support the site with traffic ect... And to create valuable resources for the members. Iv never made one before because its not my industry but ill make a few and then SEO them using link exchanges with myspace and arcade sites you know :) Its all valuable promotion.

Here is a screenshot of what i currently have (The top half and the side bar is complete pretty much, the lower half of the website is just temporary really its not decided)

[​IMG]

hope you like it (still need more ideas how to promote :D)

x

Jasonb, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  2. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a screenshot demo, its a custom script based on popular social networking websites. We plan for many more custom features to be developed e.g ad-sharing video uploading.

[​IMG]

Hope you like it :)

Jasonb, Jun 3, 2007 IP
  3. ericeric

ericeric Guest

Best Answers:
    pm sent

ericeric, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  4. kohinoor

kohinoor Peon

Best Answers:
    Starts forum,blog post and directory submission, submit your site to quality directories.

kohinoor, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  5. Annie7

Annie7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like the screen shot. Looks very professional, I wuld join you :)

Annie7, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  6. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, i'll pm you when its launched. It shoudnt be long now, i have the site fully coded now. Im just waiting for some small bug fixes and then its launched. Then after that its all marketing.

Jasonb, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  7. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have submitted to alive, aviva, sitesift ect.... blog posts are what i am mainly doing now. Getting bloggerd to review the site

Jasonb, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  8. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    I think u can get traffic from Social Bookmarking !
    U can also try mail listing
    Then if u want to hire me just PM me the details !

priyakochin, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  9. WebGraFF

WebGraFF Peon

Best Answers:
    Not all such networks make it clear the review is sponsored. Look at the advertisers' how-to at v7n forum discussing their contextual blog advertising service.

WebGraFF, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  10. quite

quite Peon

Best Answers:
    i would set up a email enter box, where people can sign up to be informed when the site is up, this should bring the initial launch up alot!

quite, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  11. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whats this? Is there any way i can view a list of sites that it has?

Jasonb, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  12. theman12468

theman12468 Peon

Best Answers:
    Article marketing is a successful way to get your traffic up and promote things. I'd start with article submission places like www.efficient-articles.com and ezines.com

The first one is fairly new but articles are submited quick.

Enjoy

theman12468, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  13. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have to get some professional content written up then ill submit them to these sites, thanks

Jasonb, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  14. insomnia

insomnia Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you advertise on a tech blog? Do you think there are people who want to join your site on there?

insomnia, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  15. WebGraFF

WebGraFF Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not seen the blog list myself. They won't show it until you sign up. I heard the quality of blogs is high there; I was searching for this kind of service myself and now consider giving it a try. You can join their forum and PM the administrator with all your questions. Or you can PM your questions me and I will ask them (as I am a member myself there and also interested in the details).

If you need a good copywriter,please, PM me (I don't want to adverise them here as I am not affiliated with them but have used there services) I got them to write keyword-optimized articles for me and was very satisfied with them.

I am going to launch a social media site myself in the next 3 months; so I am really interested in your progress. So I will eagerly help if you keep us updated ;)

WebGraFF, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  16. Annie7

Annie7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you thought about ezine advertising? I mean adverising in other people's newsletters who write about entertainment. I think music related newsletters would work...

Annie7, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  17. ditrectoriesservice

ditrectoriesservice Banned

Best Answers:
    ditrectoriesservice, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  18. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get your news to http://www.techcrunch.com/ - it's the site about web 2.0/social internet news. You buy a banner for $10,000 per month - although you might get their interest by simply approaching them.

Their contact info can be found from here: http://www.techcrunch.com/about-techcrunch/ and naturally you may submit your profile to them http://www.techcrunch.com/submit-profile

Game Producer, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  19. eslsociety

eslsociety Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the screenshot looks very nice also.

I'm currently in the middle of redeveloping a site that's very similar to this, but based on a much smaller niche.

Previously the site had about 200 active users, who were actually very active and posted blogs and photos and stuff like that.

Hopefully when it goes public again it'll improve a bit.

Are you using anything for user submitted video/multimedia content? That's the main thing I'm really interested in right now.

Anyway it looks really nice and professional. Good luck with it.

If I were you I'de save my money and just spend it on the second and third tier ppc networks.

eslsociety, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  20. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Yeah iv developed a custom script. The site should be launched this coming Friday in beta mode. It's a huge site. Ill buy a lot of blog posts, unique articles with reviews of the site are best i think. I'll buy some links on teen and music forums. I'll email the guys at techcrunch and mashable, dont know what they will think about Sceneparty, would be cool to find out. When the sites up i'll defiantly get a banner on both of the sites. I'll keep buying blog post reviews, i think there great for marketing and getting a buzz about the site. I'v tryd signing upto payperpost a few times now but i cant seem to do it which is annoying, iv tryd signing up like 5 times with different email address and i never get a reply. I'll just buy posts on DP here but there isnt really much selection and choice which is annoying. ill sponsor some wordpress themes aswell, hopefully that will work out too. i want to get members and traffic this is the main thing im concentrating on.

Jasonb, Jun 11, 2007 IP