1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using social bookmark sites

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by qazu, Jun 11, 2007.

Need help!
    Everyone says social bookmarks are great for driving traffic but they don't seem to work for me :(
    How do you use socialbook marks. Just adding the buttons and tagging the pages don't seem to work for me.

qazu, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  2. Gatorade

Gatorade Peon

Best Answers:
    You need some content that people will enjoy seeing, like something that is either very interesting or funny. You can then submit it to some social bookmarking sites. If people like it some will vote it up. The more votes it gets the more likely others will see it. You can also visit the freebies section of the forums and find many people who will vote for your site.

Gatorade, Jun 11, 2007 IP
    Raithe likes this.
  3. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    If you don't have a great content (interesting & original) the social bookmarking sites are useless.

zexy, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  4. peeg

peeg Peon

Best Answers:
    I have an ebook coming out on this subject if any of you guys will want to read it for a review??

I've been marketing with Social bookmarking sites for a few months now and just want to say that if you use them to just drive traffic, you will rarely see any success.

They are far better used for link building purposes... unless you have a really viral site...

Rich

peeg, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  5. ez-online-money.com

ez-online-money.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Squidoo because the lenses are real easy to get into the high rankings of Google. Also Stumbleupon brings a ton of traffic to my blog...

ez-online-money.com, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  6. jakomo

jakomo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Write something great and you will get traffic :)

jakomo, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  7. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    What is your site's niche? It probably belongs to a category that isn't too popular among social bookmarking sites OR it may be your content and quality of the site itself.

8everything, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  8. adsoncraigs

adsoncraigs Banned

Best Answers:
    i've found they work sometimes

adsoncraigs, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  9. qazu

qazu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe that's it! My site's in cars and car modification. I just tried Stunbleupon and had to look for cars in Stumbleupon :(

I've been on del.icio.us and tag my sites but I'm not sure if that's what people mean by submit your site :confused:

I've taken people's suggestions on Stumbleupon and Squidoo. Will see how these work out.

Thanks

qazu, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  10. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    The buttons just make it easy for people to bookmark your content. If they don't think your content is worth bookmarking or they don't ever find your content then the buttons are useless.

Initially you will need to get your friends to help you by bookmarking your sites, without being too obvious about it....

mad4, Jun 12, 2007 IP