1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Content Management System Tips!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by 501, Jun 8, 2007.

After launching a site, do you know how your audience reacts to it?

You can poll, survey, and conduct focus groups. While you’ll get interesting results, be careful: market research books will counsel you to carefully craft the questions you ask. More than likely you’’’ get feedback from a portion of your audience. Which portion? You can infer some answers to that from your site access logs that capture everyone. You can collect their use of the site, which could be more telling than their impression.

Users needs change over time. By logging the activities on your site as a side-effect of publishing, you’ll gather feedback to guide your contributors. Use Feedback to shorten the paths to most used content, and use popular paths to advertise less seen content. Adjust site navigation to reduce searching. Adjust applications like searches to return more targeted results. Decide on new areas to populate based on user feedback. You can’t do this unless you record activity on your site.

Web Server State (W3C web logs)

Web server state consists of the variables that your web server uses to process requests. Micorsoft Internet Information Services, Apache, and many other web servers output W3C- compliant log files. This low-level information tells you details such as who made the request, what request they made, the browser they used, and how long the web server took to fulfill the request. You can read a data dictionary of the W3C log file by browsing the W3C site. By assessing related log entries, web log reporting tolls attempt to guess at the click path your audience traverses through the site.

Cited from:
    CMS Tutorial

501, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  2. SergeF

SergeF Peon

Best Answers:
    thanx for sharing, 501 :)

SergeF, Jun 21, 2007 IP
  3. 501

501 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great you found it useful! :) I shall be writing more CMS related tutorials soon. ;)

501, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  4. SergeF

SergeF Peon

Best Answers:
    dont you have a site where you could host your tutorials?

SergeF, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  5. 501

501 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hehe infact i do, it would be great if you could join my community and check out the tutorials,web-tools and much more here:
    Web-Development

Enjoy please feel free if you have any questions i am working on the CMS right now.

501, Jun 22, 2007 IP
  6. SergeF

SergeF Peon

Best Answers:
    i've just registered. not sure if i have to activate my account, since nothing email has arrived with activation code. Anyway, the system with points seems to be cool feature :)
    I wish you all the best with your website, coz it shows much promises :)

SergeF, Jun 24, 2007 IP
  7. 501

501 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, you dont need an activation code you can login right away. Well thank you, alot of people like the point system just having a hard time promoting properly. Not only do you get free cash but also advertising.

Thank you once again, i am just trying to market the site properly as of this moment and working on releasing the CMS to best fit everyones needs.

Anyways thank you for joining! :)

501, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  8. SergeF

SergeF Peon

Best Answers:
    listen... what type of CMS its going to be? ... at least what i see in my opinion its a community cms, right :) sorry if i'm wrong. :)

good thing i foun is that there are lots of posts in the forums on your website. Cool!!!

btw, i have submitted couple of websites... where i'm supposed to find it when admin approve it?... probably one of it is not in an appropriate category... is it going to be removed if its not relevant to any category? :) just curious

SergeF, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  9. 501

501 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well yes, the CMS is meant for Community Portal sites that include the forums and everything else you see on Kenetix.net

Yes, i have approved your links it would be great if you could link back to us as well. Anyways i would be more then happy to be of some help to you in some form or manner. You can submit your links to our affiliates page if you have a button. ;)

501, Jun 25, 2007 IP
  10. SergeF

SergeF Peon

Best Answers:
    hey )) sorry for the delay, i just was away on vacation ))

thank you for adding my links. Look, we have a directory at xooArticles.com/dir/ ... (i'm sorry but the website can be temporary unavailable because we are moving to another webserver but it's going to be alive very shortly) it supposed to be niche directory and i add there links to website that are related to somewhat publishing... there are some categories that i could add your link to if you don't mind... )) i'm sorry i have no more any directory to offer :( but i will take a look around and try to do something more. :)

SergeF, Jul 10, 2007 IP
  11. Mesum

Mesum Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tutorial. I am new to this online community and webmaster thing and can always use a good advice.

Mesum, Jul 11, 2007 IP
  12. 501

501 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Glad to have helped you, and welcome to DigitalPoint! :)

501, Jul 11, 2007 IP