1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Social Networking Sites to Market Client's Businesses...

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by thegreatgatsby, Jul 9, 2007.

I wanted to start a thread to compile the list of the BEST social networking sites (with brief descriptions) to recommend to clients for marketing their businesses/sites. Of course, these sites should be used in conjunction with a client's own website for maximum effectiveness. I'll start the list, but please add on:

EBAY - make a free online store and build a customer base.

MYLOCALSPOT - like a myspace for small businesses. create a free profile with pictures, business description, products/services and specials.

BLOGGER - create a free blog and "become an expert" in your field. Backlink to your site and hopefully generate some traffic from technocrati searches.

WORDPRESS - like blogger, but lets you do some different things. Definitely worthwhile to checkout.

SQUIDOO - create a free webpage about your business OR a current special your business is running. Easy to use!

thegreatgatsby, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  2. LegendaryPosting

LegendaryPosting Peon

Best Answers:
    good thing you didn't ad facebook or myspace because its annoying when people send you a bunch of crap mail and comments

LegendaryPosting, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  3. nmx

nmx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Since when could you make a FREE store on eBay? :confused:

Thanks for the list,

-nMx

nmx, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  4. thegreatgatsby

thegreatgatsby Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, sorry about the Ebay typo...they can really nickel and dime you these days...but it's still very worthwhile in terms of web2.0 sites to market a business.

thegreatgatsby, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  5. primeelite

primeelite Peon

Best Answers:
    Myspace is still a great way to market a business as long as their is no spam. You can make a profile for your business and keep it updated with new stuff, and even a great way to run contests on their.

primeelite, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  6. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    Digg .....?

aletheides, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  7. gamerfreak

gamerfreak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think myspace and facebook can be used, as long as its in moderation.

I.E maybe every two days post a bulletin "Hey, check out these cool ringtones" or whatever. If they dont like it, they will just remove you from their friends list.

gamerfreak, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  8. bigbluesky2006

bigbluesky2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm doing some work for a site at the moment called Goso.com. They've had a few server problems but they are getting sorted out and will be launching soon.

They are consumer networking site. The idea is to create an online community with freebies, promotions, sale items and other offers. There is also a rewards program for users.

What makes it special is that partners manage their own offers and accounts. This will hopefully ensure that the site is packed with the latest exclusive offers.

bigbluesky2006, Jul 9, 2007 IP
  9. thegreatgatsby

thegreatgatsby Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll continue to add to the list...I'd love to see some more additions (Digg was a good one).

StumbleUpon - Social bookmarking site that can generate some serious traffic if you manage to get some fans. Definitely worth checking out.

thegreatgatsby, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  10. skillipedia

skillipedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digg isn't for business! my network (sig) is :)

skillipedia, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  11. ipayitforward

ipayitforward Guest

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, the best site is Yuwie. The layouts are easy to change and customize, the blogs are easy, and the best thing is that people will RUN TO YOU to be your friend! It's not like the other networks where people won't add you unless they know you (Or unless they are a freak) because people are expecting to help each other make money.

Here is a link to my profile:copy and paste: profile.yuwie.com/drescher

And here is a link to the marketing video:coopy and paste: r.yuwie.com/drescher

See you there! I will be your first friend.

ipayitforward, Apr 16, 2008 IP