1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which is the best commercial CMS for content websites ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by poseidon, Aug 8, 2007.

First of all, my apology if this is in wrong section (Mods can move this to appropriate section if they want)

Anyway I have worked on Drupal and loved it and now currently i am working on building a big content site. Now from my past drupal experience I feels that though open source CMS's are great, eventually for building a professional and top class site, you have to do lot of hacking in the code, and sometimes the community support do not help either(mind you, both drupal and joomla have great communities). So to save time, I am thinking of going with some commercial CMS, something in the range of $5k to $10k. A completely built CMS with all the features and support is what I need right now. Any suggestions ? I am fairly open minded as far as platform or other requirements are concerned

Cheers

poseidon, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  2. magiscoder

magiscoder Peon

Best Answers:
    $5k-10k for a CMS? If you're willing to spend that much, you can just get something custom made that suits your exact needs.

magiscoder, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  3. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Aaaah..the problem is not to built it but the problem is Maintenance and Scalability. After building a nice custom site, I won't be able to modify the functionality as its hard to find same freelancer again! I am just exploring options by the way...

poseidon, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  4. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have not had direct experience with commercial CMS products, however the two that come of very frequently and get very good reviews are Movable Type and ExpressionEngine. There are lots of big sites running on top of Movable Type. ExpressionEngine consistently gets excellent reviews and my own experiences with their company/support as been superior.

I would also avoid building your own CMS. I have found that it requires lots developer experience to address certain important issues such as security, spam control, multi-user administration, backup/recovery, and scalability/performance for large numbers of concurrent users.

Hope this is some help,
    Rich

richrf, Aug 8, 2007 IP
  5. 010081

010081 Banned

Best Answers:
    you could go for some sites that makes commercial scripts on your demand ,just search for trusted sites that have been giving service for years.

010081, Aug 9, 2007 IP