1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yet another 'advice on best CMS' thread

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by wheel, Aug 7, 2007.

Here's what I need in a CMS:

- 3000-5000 pages of unique content that I'll need to import.
    - I've got a custom design that needs to be easily integrated into the CMS by a skilled developer, but I don't want him spending days 'learning' a new system for a one up.
    - No need for blog posts or news. The content is mostly static. The CMS is just so that the site owner can go in and add a page once or twice a year or change title tags or something.
    - Must be SEO friendly, from meta tags to title tags to good code. The site is ranking in a reasonbly comepetitive industry and I don't want to blow it by moving to a new CMS.
    - I'd like it to be reasonably well supported. I'm passing this site on to an end user and I don't want to see him stuck in a year's time.

I've had a look at drupal and joomla, but they both seem pretty blog/news oriented which adds a level of complexity I'd like to not have to address.

What should I be using?

wheel, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  2. renoir

renoir Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a php content management system you can try. its a drop dead simple CMS with a wysiwyg editor and uses flat files, not a mysql database.

http://www.netpaths.net/cms/

add /admin on the end of the URL to see advanced features.

renoir, Aug 7, 2007 IP
  3. melon

melon Peon

Best Answers:
    Whichever CMS you pick at last, keep in mind, that you should pick one with good support. If you need opensource, choose one which has a large support base. Don't forget that you will probably have to update them as some security fixes come out. Nobody wants his clients' sites exposed to secholes.

IMO Drupal is very well customized and you can simply switch off blogging and etc. modules and you have a faster, cleaner site. Also it does very well when it comes to SEO.

melon, Aug 11, 2007 IP
  4. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Dupral seems nice, and I hear nothing but great things about it. I've yet to be impressed by the visual aspect, every dupral page I've seen looked like it stepped out of 1995.

Pixelrage, Aug 11, 2007 IP
  5. melon

melon Peon

Best Answers:
    You might have looked to the wrong direction, some cool Drupal sites:

teamsugar.com
    observer.com
    twit.tv
    nowpublic.com
    deviantart.com
    mtv.co.uk

just to name a few. Sorry I can't post links yet.

melon, Aug 11, 2007 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I know of that teamsugar site - it's amazing! It's also very, very heavily hacked, almost to the point where dupral has become a needle in a haystack. There's a good article about it out there. Looks like most of the others are, too. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Dupral does in the near future.

Pixelrage, Aug 11, 2007 IP
  7. mic

mic Peon

Best Answers:

WOW! That Site Is Created By Drupal?! :D Hm... Im Def. Gonna Look Into Drupal As a CMS.

Are There Any Other CMS That Can Produce A Site Like Teamsugar?

mic, Oct 11, 2007 IP