1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Prozilla.com? Trustworthy or Scam?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by superstan, Jan 16, 2007.

I wish to buy membership from much well known turnkey site: Prozilla.com .

when i tried contacting their support or sales team, i received no reply from 4 days. when i tried ordering and cancelled the payment at last moment, i received a mail from the owner demanding to complete the payment. when i wrote him back regarding the support, he did not reply.

i am feeling rather doubtful if its a scam or trustworthy.

does anyone of you a member of prozilla?

should i buy the membership or not?:confused:

any ideas will be appreciated!

thank you.

superstan, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  2. abiji

abiji Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have used them before. They are ok but now days dotcombuilder is better as people say.. They do give good offers in between like $10 and extentends your membership for 6 months etc..

Had no problem with them. used them 2 years back.

abiji, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  3. amysedarisfreak

amysedarisfreak Peon

Best Answers:
    I use designshrinephpfactory.com and they give a lot of support. Their sites are a lot better looking and they come out with a lot more too. dotcombuilder is okay. I've only heard negative things about prozilla, like their scripts have bugs. And the owner doesn't sound like someone I'd want to give my money to.

amysedarisfreak, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  4. RRWH

RRWH Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have bought a couple of turnkey sites that were based on prozilla scripts in the past.

The scripts are ok to get a site started, but will need work. The scripts are buggy and only provide the very basic admin functions. What is the biggest concern is that the "contact" scripts they provide are insecure and will eventually result in someone sending spam out.

I would recommend that anyone who has no PHP knowledge should steer clear of these scripts as there will be several hours of work required to do a full audit and securing of the problem scripts.

I would suggest that they are not a scam, but your experience shows that they probably no longer are the "market leader" that they were seen to be 2+ years ago.

I cannot reccommend any other similar site as I now write my own scripts or pay someone for a custom solution when I need something.

RRWH, Jan 17, 2007 IP
  5. webhosting123

webhosting123 Peon

Best Answers:
    i am a member of prozilla and i face many bug in these script. when i try to contact but not reply.

webhosting123, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  6. BlaqHQ

BlaqHQ Peon

Best Answers:
    SO are you selling the scripts you have or giving them away?

BlaqHQ, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  7. MajorHart

MajorHart Peon

Best Answers:
    I was a prozilla member 3 years and overall they were okay, The rarely sent answers to my support questions and now they are out of business. I tried dotcombulider too and they didnt actually deliver a script. The installed it from there so if they ever went out of business you couldn't get the script again. I didn't like that and got a refund after some hassle.

I found the best way to get around the ridiculous conditions prozilla put on the script - was to just buy then on ebay. I dont know what they have now but do a search for turnkeys on ebay and see what you come up with.

Some of the paypal scripts such as I have running at: http://stjoseph-online.com/clasfied/ won't give the customer credit for their payment unless register globals is on and that is a security hole they say. I used fatcow though and it runs fine although i'm not promoting it.

Keep us posted on what you find out. MajorHart

MajorHart, Dec 26, 2011 IP