1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

For those who are taking the shortcut on DIGG votes

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by nickstan, Oct 28, 2007.

Alright,

I was collecting statistic and a little experiment on how to get banned from digg. So I had created a few profiles along with a few more with my friends.

I notice that, live links posted on DP or any other forums requesting for votes exchange is not 100% guarantee that you will get your url remove from digg, digg ID banned or worst case scenario your domain url getting ban from them. Though it is one way getting yourself into trouble with Digg and most of us already know.

The second one was, sending shouts to your friends network for them to vote. I get all the test account that voted on that url banned, though I don't think they going to banned google url which I had use for the story but it seems that they do monitor your shouts, since it was just 3 votes on that story and use different IP from different geo so I don't think I raise any red flag and two out of 3 digg ID was registered 8 months ago and the other one was 6 months ago and third one was a few days ago!

The third way is, if you voted without checking out the story first than there is a likely possibility that you get banned especially if everyone came from the same live link posted on another site. If you at least check out the story, even if you click on live link on DP, 2 out of 8 test account/url still remain up on digg for more than a week :)

I hope this helps for those trading votes on the freebies section of DP :)

nickstan, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  2. sudarshannus

sudarshannus Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot....good stuff to read :)

sudarshannus, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  3. nickstan

nickstan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback ;)

nickstan, Oct 28, 2007 IP