1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how can i get recurring visitors with my tv shows site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by 114211, Nov 29, 2007.

My problem is that I have a tv shows site and i am getting no returning visitors but heaps of unique visitors a day.
    They all want to watch the shows, but the shows are copyright and I do not have them on my website.

I also do not point them to a site like tvlink.co.uk because im afraid of being sued for simply providing a link.
    Right now all that's on there is a huge list of fan pages dedicated to the shows and a small show profile.

What do you think I could do to keep the visitors coming back on a daily basis?

114211, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  2. consumertreehouse

consumertreehouse Guest

Best Answers:
    Start a forum for each show so people can discuss the previous shows, future shows, show secrets, etc.... IMDB.com has this for each show, person, etc... showing all the shows that they have worked on, upcoming projects, completed projects, show and person facts, then at the bottom on the page people can discuss.

No sure if this would work for your site, thought I would pass it along anyway, first thing that jumped into my head when I read your question.

Good Luck with the site and check out IMDB.com for examples

consumertreehouse, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  3. 114211

114211 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for that advice. Although I have a static page there for now, i guess putting it as a forum wouldn't hurt since I'm not getting return visitors anyways.

Sad thing is I've been waiting for phpbb 3 to come out :(
    hopefully soon

114211, Nov 29, 2007 IP
  4. LinksAndTraffic

LinksAndTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    The best advice is to give people a reason to come back to your site after that first visit...

I do realize it is easier said than done, but that is what you must do...

A forum is a great start, but making your own videos and doing regular reviews of programming can help too...

If you are creating original content, set up and advertise your RSS feeds...

Also a mailing list will help you communicate with people who have been to your site before, giving you the ability to tell them when and why to come back to your site.

LinksAndTraffic, Nov 7, 2010 IP