1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Shopping Cart Advice

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by jawinn, Dec 12, 2007.

I need a shopping cart for a site that sells computer bags. Aside from the obvious standard features I need the following:

1. wish lists
    2. affiliate code tracking, this is basically where anyone can be assigned an affiliate code. If some one uses that code to buy a bag the I need to see how many times it was used.
    3. Buy gift certificates

If anyone knows of a cart that does all this please let me know.

thanks

jawinn, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  2. nicangeli

nicangeli Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion the best shopping cart around is oscommerce. Look at the contributions for the additional featires that you require, i am sure that they will be there.

As for others, magento looks like it will be a good open source cart when it is released, at the moment it is not advised that you use it for production.

nicangeli, Dec 12, 2007 IP
  3. flagsofourworld

flagsofourworld Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend monstercommerce.com (recently bought out by networksolutions.com) they have a basic and a pro version and I know the pro version is capable of doing what you need and much more, though not sure about the basic.

Another recommendation would be to read up on SEO and other marketing techniques before you get yourself into ecommerce, since it is not anything like "when you build it, they will come". Because they don't and it is a constant analyze/update cycle to make your site better and better.

flagsofourworld, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  4. jawinn

jawinn Active Member

Best Answers:

Thanks for the feedback. This is for a client that already has a site with sales so thankfully it is not a "build it and they will come" situation. :D

jawinn, Dec 13, 2007 IP
  5. zorah

zorah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oscommerce is the leading shopping cart out there IMO

zorah, Dec 13, 2007 IP