1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are Forums Really an Asset?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by glenv, Dec 18, 2007.

I have spent countless hours developing a wedding site (link to it in my sig).

Personally, Ifeel it is an awesome site. There is a boat load of original content and the design is attractive to the audience it is intended.

I just recently moved the original platform it was on to Wordpress. This makes it easier for me to do updating to the site.

I have hired forum posters to try to build enthusiasm and loyalty to the forums but that has never taken off. Since my theme is weddings and once someone has their wedding, they have no more need of my site, I wonder if having forums is necessary?

Also, I really would love to hear some input from the pros here as to what you feel this site needs. I feel I have a great start but I am always open to constructive help. Does the site seem to flow for you? What is it missing? etc

glenv, Dec 18, 2007 IP
  2. what

what Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi glenv, may i suggest using fancier fonts? these may make your website more appealing, especially for those brides who like romantic, whimsical moods, motifs :) also, you may want to use more colors --- maybe a dash of pink, off white...there are weddings now that use orange as motif - that may appeal to some users, too.

re: forum - i think you still have to keep it. if you already have a handful of satisfied clients, request them to post their experiences in the forum. request for a positive "review" or feedback about your service and/or website and how it helped them etc

hope that helps :)

what, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  3. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Forums have worked out great as an add-on to my site.. Now my forums area is what brings in most of my traffic..

Maybe if you expand your forum topics to beyond just weddings, you'll have better luck keeping people coming back.. you know, like honeymoon planning, new home buying, how to get a cheap divorce, etc..

Tearabite, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  4. chriswick

chriswick Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that they are and great for building search engine ranking they will bring you traffic as threads become index in related search terms.

chriswick, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    You can simply read about the owner of DP to know that forums are a real valuable and tangible asset! He made 20k bucks just on adsense imagine that!

wisdomtool, Dec 20, 2007 IP
  6. abdussamad

abdussamad Active Member

Best Answers:
    What a strange culture you have! Divorce is a part of marriage?! :D

abdussamad, Dec 20, 2007 IP