1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySpace friends

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Gallito, Dec 30, 2007.

Hey all, I'm new to MySpace marketing, I know that the first step is to build up a good amount of friends, post on forums, etc. but the thing I haven't figured out yet is how many friends should I add at first? I have a script that adds friends for me and I know 400+ a day would be suspicious, how many should I add during first month, second month, ...etc. per day? Currently adding around 60 a day.

Gallito, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  2. Lethal7

Lethal7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    as many as u like, iv used a bot for god knows how long nothing ever happened!

Lethal7, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  3. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    How many do you add a day though?

Gallito, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  4. IdeaGod

IdeaGod Guest

Best Answers:
    Myspace is saturated. I bet around 8 out of every 10 people recognize it as spam, even if it isn't necessarily spam. Come up with a clever way to get clicks.

Does the script let you choose the age group location and ethnicity? single or in a relationship? Add the best people for your product/site.

And I think the max is around 150 day and capped, I'm don't know for sure.

IdeaGod, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  5. jpearce

jpearce Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use a bot and likely go undetected or you can push some natural additions of friends.

I wrote a post: Marketing with Myspace where you can grow a steady friends list if your not going to use a program to do it for you.

jpearce, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  6. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean adding a random person is perceived as spam, or sending bulletins/etc?

Gallito, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  7. IdeaGod

IdeaGod Guest

Best Answers:
    When you add the person you are planning to market to them, right?

And yes, if you post a bulletin with a link in it I bet the majority of people who read it won't even click the link because they know you are selling something.

If you're not selling anything and the site you are promoting is a blog or other, then your chances of getting clicks and returning visitors are better.

If you are selling a product or trying to make money from clicks/ads then good luck because you will need it.

And why would you add a random person???? You should be adding people who are best for your site/product as far as age group, location, single/in relationship, ect.

IdeaGod, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  8. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    By random I mean people that I do not know, obviously I am adding people within targeted age ranges, niches, etc. I do plan to market them but I am not directly selling a profit, I'd just like to eventually get some traffic to my site from it, I currently get a decent click through from friends that view my profile, not concerned with selling things yet.

Gallito, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  9. IdeaGod

IdeaGod Guest

Best Answers:
    400 a day is the limit, you were right.

IdeaGod, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  10. netopix

netopix Banned

Best Answers:
    yea 400 is the limit is use to be unlimited which was great... i have a lot of accounts for a couple years ago with a massive ammount of friends...

netopix, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  11. IdeaGod

IdeaGod Guest

Best Answers:
    I sent you a PM for aimpages source code for $8 paypal. Much better than myspace marketing.

IdeaGod, Dec 30, 2007 IP
  12. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    No thanks, for now I'm sticking to myspace :)

Gallito, Dec 30, 2007 IP