1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by extra_work, Jan 20, 2008.

What is the url of this ''Dig'' directory when u sumbit your site and it gets a lot of traffic ?

extra_work, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  2. Kraize

Kraize Peon

Best Answers:
    http://digg.com/

It isn't exactly a directory though. It is a community based news / information site.

Kraize, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  3. extra_work

extra_work Active Member

Best Answers:
    I submetted successfuly my blog to the scince-space section of Digg.com but it isnt showed ?Why is that ?How people will see it ??

4. Amirmullick3

Amirmullick3 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yea. I did the ame thing. I submitted one of my sites, but it isnt showed. I submitted yesterday.

Amirmullick3, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  5. extra_work

extra_work Active Member

Best Answers:
  6. Kraize

Kraize Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is community based. It is near impossible to get onto the home page. However if someone searches for a word in your title you will come up.

Your story / site / etc has to get "dugg" by other users of the site to move into the popular section of the site. It can take as little as ~50 diggs to get onto the home page however it normally takes a lot more.

Kraize, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  7. optimizare

optimizare Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes.. make some friends and get some digg accounts. But beware even if you manage to get some diggs other digg users might bury your site so submit quality content always.

optimizare, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  8. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digg is definitely not for spamming your site. Only submit quality content or they will ban your domain in a heartbeat. I'll say right now that your chances of making the front page of Digg are very slim. You've got to have something VERY interesting to a lot of people or something that gets dugg by a select number of "elite" Digg users who have much more power in their votes than other members and can pretty much lift a story to the front page at will. Even if your site made the front page, you'd have to make sure your server is ready for that kind of traffic. We're talking about tens of thousands of hits in an hour in some cases.

davewashere, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  9. richrf

richrf Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

There have been articles written about Digg and how a very large percentage of front-page stories are submitted by a very small number of members. Mostly these members have developed a very large following/friends, and they pretty much control the front page. I post an interesting blog once in a while. My son game me a very funny anime video site this morning that I blogged and Digged because I thought Digg members might like it. We'll see.

Rich

richrf, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  10. Chr1ssst0pher

Chr1ssst0pher Peon

Best Answers:
    digg is really one of the most beneficial submitting community coz after submitting there your page get indexed in seconds and you will receive some traffic for sure

Chr1ssst0pher, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  11. charlietree

charlietree Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should not submit too many articles too quickly...I started doing that when I first got started with Digg...but they banned me and my site from the site....very sad...

charlietree, Jan 22, 2008 IP