1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Online Buisness Idea's

Discussion in 'General Business' started by n0xious21, Jan 21, 2008.

Hey guys,

For my 18th Birthday i'm being given my trustfund which is around $4000.

I'm looking to invest this money into starting an Online Buisness.
    I want the buisness to be run via a website.

$2000 is going to be spent on creating the website, and will be created by a well known Web Development Company - IMG - www.innatemediagroup.com

I need all your idea's for the best way to make some seriously potential cash

Thanks

n0xious21, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  2. ahuddy

ahuddy Peon

Best Answers:
    Put the $4000 in the bank. A domain costs $7, and think of it not as investment but a job.

ahuddy, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  3. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Lots of different ideas, but if you have no skills and not a good person to guide you through the process. You might as well 'wipe' with 4000 $1 bills.

The idea, and how to make it PAY should be your primary concern when starting a business. Not worrying about who's going to design sites for 1/2 your investment dollars.

Pretty looking sites are secondary to the ability of making money.

Barefootsies, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  4. nickflame

nickflame Peon

Best Answers:
    hm... if your idea about starting an online business is that you can start a thread and expect some forum members to give you advice about what YOUR BUSINESS should be, then you are headed in a wrong direction.

[unless this post is not a spam-linkbait for that " well known" company that i have never heard off]

nickflame, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  5. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think you will need to invest that much into the site, one thing i would definitely invest in is a good SEO. One of the main things that will get you business, is, accessibility. Potential customers need to be able to find you. Adwords could help too.

simplyg123, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  6. n0xious21

n0xious21 Peon

Best Answers:
    As a buisness, i dident mean, a blog or a site that makes more from ad's

I'm talking a real buisness, such as selling custom computers, clothes ect..

7. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For a premiere site like that, it's going to take a lot more than $4k investment. Not mentioning the skills.

I'd say start small, get some skills, and keep your money in the bank. You'll thank me later.

Barefootsies, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  8. n0xious21

n0xious21 Peon

Best Answers:
    I still need idea's.. lol

9. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's the idea that makes the money - all the rest are details that can be dealt with one by one.
    And nobody is going to give away their money-making idea.
    The hint is do something you already know about - something you have a passion for.

magda, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  10. leokho

leokho Peon

Best Answers:
    Hope this helps: maudlinclothing.com
    It's my friend's site, he makes shirts to sell to public and also designs shirts in low-cost to not much known music bands. He has a contract with a company to print his shirts. He also designs pins and stuff like that.. It's actually going quite good for him, he has various contracts for distribuition to physical stores.

But he likes doing that, and likes alternative music, so it's like magda said, think of something you like to do.

leokho, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  11. kylelawrence

kylelawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    You should use your money well. I suggest you educate yourself first if you wanted to start an online business. There are lots who engaged fast but do not have an idea and ended up being frustrated and all that investment to waste. Start thinking about what is it that you wanted to do or try.

kylelawrence, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  12. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    blogging is best option

jhardy2008, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  13. kenbiz

kenbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use 10% of the available fund to invest on needed material such as domain, hosting and a website. and about the remaining 90%, keep it as a reserve fund in a bank that can earn you some interest.

Do research on the market to see which product is suitable to start with if you do not have any ideas yet. Start the 10% to see whether worth to go with the niche you may have chosen and if not, you need to do deep research to find the right product, at least all your fund will not be invested one shot and then found is not the right niche to go with and you will regret.

Hope this helps.

kenbiz, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  14. Juliebab

Juliebab Guest

Best Answers:
    just think about this... do you really want to spend 2000 on a new website that you really don't know if its going to be a successful site or not I have had a site up and running for years now and I am still trying to generate traffic to it. I personally believe its a good useful site. You might want to think really hard about what you want to do with a website if you do still decided to go with it. Come up with your own unique idea and you must have patients....

Juliebab, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  15. Heera

Heera Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Learning how to start a small business and growing it into a sustainable venture isn’t easy.start and build the best online home business for you, regardless of your age, your level of experience or where you live in the world.

Heera, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  16. rowza

rowza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Am prity sure someone isn't going to give you an idea that can make money and they aunt going to do it. But on a serious note, i set up a website for $2.99 a month + a Domain for $2.49 and im making roughly $1 a day and that's after 3 days without little marketing or work im still busy uploading things www.familyguyvids.co.uk , Its not about the cost of things its about how you market your ideas, how adverts are placed and the content in your website

Regards,
    John

rowza, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  17. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Invest $500 on the internet and save $3,500 in your bank account...

1) Start educate yourself about an internet business + internet niches (you spend $50 / $100)
    You need to learn this => What people want? Desperate buyers in search of solutions

2) Go to Fiverr => you will find tons of people that "Create your 100% automated autoblog" in your niche

You spend $100 (educate yourself) + $20 (4 automated autoblogs on Fiverr ) => $120 TOTAL COSTS

3) Invest $380 on Fiverr to PROMOTE YOUR 4 BUSINESS BLOGS. Use these kinds of gigs:

- Press releases
    - blogs commenting
    - backlinks building
    - classified ads
    - multiple links on stats websites
    - create videos for your blogs
    - multiple posting of your videos

Every gig is just $5, so you have tons of publicity to promote your businesses!! ;-)

tbtoyl, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  18. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think investing in a Lifestyle blog/website will be good option. It could be on the lifetyle of politicians and celebs.... I meant it should not be on gossips. Content must be objective and clear of controversies. I think not only fans will love this but celebs will love it...will bring u lots of traffic and ad revenue :D

sumdor, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  19. WaldorfPC

WaldorfPC Member

Best Answers:
    Before you jump into this, you need to have a plan. If you do not have a plan in place, then you will lose all of your money, and your time will be wasted. To form your plan, you must do the following:

1. Assess your skills. Take a look at your strengths. What talents/skills do you have that you can capitalize on? Are you a good writer? If so, you can offer a writing service. Do you have skills in SEO? If so, you can start up a business utilizing these skills. Can you develop a website or software? Perhaps, you can offer these services for others.

2. Once you have determined what skills you will capitalize on, You need to get to know your industry. Do some research. Find out what others are charging for their services, so you can get an idea of what is normal to charge in this industry. This will also enable you to better compete by offering special limited time offers and other perks to your clients.

3. Write up a business plan. This is very important because you do not want to run your business on a shoe string. You need to have a plan concerning things like:

*What percentage of the money will you put back into your business?
    *Of the money you put back into your business, what percentage will you delegate to what expense? For instance, you'll delegate 20% of the money you put back into your business on stationary, another 20% on outsourcing costs, and the remainder you'll save for a rainy day to keep your business going when work is not as plentiful.
    *How much will you choose to pay workers?
    *How many clients do you want to procure a day, a month, or a year?
    *A backup plan for your business, just in case you become ill.

Information concerning business plans, such as what to include and how to write them can be found at www.sba.gov This site also contains a whole lot of other useful information about running a business, so I suggest you make good use of it.

Do not spend too much of your money at all. If I were you, I'd spend none of it. When I started my businesses, I had nothing to start with. I had to earn all of my own money. You should do the same. And here are some more suggestions to get by cheaply.

1. build your own website. If you do not know how, you can do one of two things. You can either teach yourself by going to www.w3schools.com or get your hands on a website builder that will supply you with templates and enable you to build your website by poiting and clicking with a mouse. www.lycos.com and www.3ix.com has some you can use for a very small monthly charge. There are many other hosting companies out there you can use.

2. Use adsense to make money. You do this by putting ads on your page. If you have no clue about what to do, you need to do research and learn all about it. Google provides a number of help pages that you can read on the topic of adsense. when you learn all that you need to know, apply your knowledge.

3. Do your marketing yourself. When you get started, you'll have to do this on your own because you will not have the money at this stage to hire others. If you do not have a clue what to do, I suggest you learn. This forum alone is full of excellent information, and there are plenty of people here who will help guide you if you just ask. when your business picks up, you can outsource this task.

4. You need to network. Join forums, business social networking sites, and othersocial networking sites to establish a network of people that you can potentially work with and share one another's services. LinkedIn is a very goodplace to start. FaceBook is good for that also.

I hope I have helped out.

WaldorfPC, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  20. dh7991

dh7991 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're asking people for online business ideas, maybe being an entrepreneur isn't the right path for you.

dh7991, Jul 17, 2011 IP