1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wrong colors in Photoshop CS3 10.0

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Philopoemen, Mar 10, 2008.

Hi all,

Today I stumbled across a very nasty bug in CS3 Extended.

I have this design, which has some pretty brown background and shades of brown. Everything looks fine.
    However, when I try to "Save As" or "Save for Web & Devices", the outcome is really different. All this brown is replaced with a black equivalent. The rest of the colors stay the same, yellow is still yellow, red is still red.

Now, I've been using Photoshop for over 5 years, so I know how to save files. That should filter some comments like: "Click File: Save As".

To be honest I'm not very happy with CS3. CS2 somehow worked better.

Anyway, anyone able to help me out? What am I doing wrong?

P.S. this crazy 'bug' is only in this .psd file. All the other PSDs of mine export just fine. Maybe the designer used a wrong Color Profile, and now whatever I do - I get just the black?

Help is appreciated.

Philopoemen, Mar 10, 2008 IP
  2. eruct

eruct Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like you said it could be the wrong color profile. What color mode are you working in? If it's cmyk and then you try and save to save as some type of rgb color mode sometimes the colors change.
    What file type are you trying to save it as? gif, jpg, png and what are the setting of whatever file you are saving as. More info could help.

eruct, Mar 11, 2008 IP
  3. TomWA007

TomWA007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had this bug since install of cs3 and this is the first thread I have seen with another having it. It happens in all color modes and if you check the actual codes on the "rich browns" you will find that they are for greys. I receive files from multiple designers and all of them appear visually incorrect in photoshop, but save as the correct grey if I save out.

I did a full reinstall and I changed graphics cards and drivers, but the bug persists.

TomWA007, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  4. TomWA007

TomWA007 Peon

Best Answers:
    I found a thread with the fix finally!

On your monitor desktop right click and goto properties -> settings -> advanced -> color management.
    Here you should see your monitor profile and it should have AdobeRGB1998. Add that one in...remove yours and voila...brown tints are gone.

TomWA007, Apr 8, 2008 IP