1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do YOU want to make money online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ebp, Mar 16, 2008.

I'd been thinking, and one of the most important qualities of an entrepreneur is, aside from the ability to take the first step, being able to motivate himself. I believe that before you even consider making money online, you need to know why you want to do it, and after that, what is the real reason. For example, let's say you want to make money online to buy a car... why do you want to buy a car? Because you need it? or because you want to impress the people around you?

Having a clear idea of your motivation is very important if you want to succeed. That's one of the reasons why more than 95% fail. I ask you (you don't have to answer), why do you want to make money online? Is it for a necessity? Is it your only job? Do you want to buy something? Or simply for personal greed? (there's nothing wrong with that). Use your wishes as a motivation... it works ;).

ebp, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why I want to make money online.

The answer is real simple in my head but tough to answer in posting. There are two things that people struggle for in life. They fight for it from day 1 until the end. They want "satisfaction and simple".

Having Money doesn't solve this nor help it, but the conclusion to what you do with the money does help this mission.

Nice things make life easier and nicer. So the more money you make, the more easy it is to drive around in a nice car that won't break down on the highway. Things like this make things better.

As for satisfaction, it's a little tougher becuase you get used to things no matter how awesome they are in the beginning.

Myself. I want to make money online becuase I don't like my job or working in general. The working world is tough becuase there are so many people that I have to watch kissing butt or manipulating their way to the top of a company while I work like crazy. Good workers do not get anything in return. It's the cute girl or some talky person who gets ahead. Its a horrible thing but happens everywhere. And no matter how much money you make a manufacturing company they will just raise the bar and tell the office that they did 95% of the work. Maybe get them all to park up front and have 1 hour lunches while other employee's have 20minutes. Maybe offer a Christmas bonus for only office people.

No, I don't work in the office of this company.

This is my motivation for making money online. So I can get away from this horrible job before I burn it down.:(

Laceygirl, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  3. Beasty

Beasty Peon

Best Answers:
    My answer is pretty simple really..I have a day job and my eldest son has a terminal illness, my wife works through the day and night to keep him up and running and the expenses are huge, we cannot have two incomes due to my wifes workload (Government pays her $40 a week carers pension lol!) so I am trying hard all these years to find a second income online to help with costs..havent found it yet but still trying lol!..Cheerio.

Beasty, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  4. Acerdig

Acerdig Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that make money online is very interesting. It is like build your own car. You can do it any time you want and spend any your free time doing it. And may be in the future you will have a good result. As for me it is one of the way to express myself. And of course it is additional money for more good life.

Acerdig, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  5. xmartel

xmartel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess the reason I want to make money online is because I want to own my own business, I'm an entrepreneur at heart, and I hate working for other people. I want to live a life of freedom, you can't do that if you're tied down to a job till you're 65.

xmartel, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  6. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This question is quite stupid

What do you prefer to have a shit job or freedom + more $ ?

w3bmaster, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  7. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I want to make money online. Now...I just need one of them online printers to print money online....then I will have achieved my objective :D

Cheap SEO Services, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  8. swapanjkda

swapanjkda Peon

Best Answers:
    Why you want to make money? All people want to make money it's does not matterr from where it's coming online or off line. The matter is it's should not be illegiale. Use less question!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swapanjkda, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  9. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Beasty, all the props to you - this is the best reason for working hard... best is the wrong word... Good luck - hope you achieve everything you need to :)

...As for me I need freedom, freedom from having to work in big corporations or having a boss. I've never been very good at working with others and have never felt that doing a 9-5 has been for me. Also financial freedom to do the things that I want to do - work gets in the way of me doing what I want to do... being able to chose what I want to do when I want to do it. Having no mortgage and having the time to read the books I want to read and visit the places I want to visit.

Sounds simple doesn't it? I've recently found this book "The Science of Getting Rich" which inspired "The Secret"... You can read it online here: http://www.portzon.com/rich1.htm

The basic premise of the book as that - in our capitalist society - financial abundance is the key to all of these freedoms.

Here endeth the lesson ;)

Good luck!

pondlife, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  10. ApplicationEmpire

ApplicationEmpire Banned

Best Answers:
    haha. agreed. I also enjoy it as a hobby though too, like someone else was saying, it's like building a car or something. I love being able to wake up excited to check how much I've made overnight. :D

It's projects like this and other real world things that keep me excited about living each day, they're like a bonus to waking up :)

ApplicationEmpire, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  11. Arkserver

Arkserver Banned

Best Answers:
    I started out small and the due bandwidth increase i need to make money to cover the costs of hosting my site.
    The site is doing better than i'm expecting but thats a whole other story =)

Arkserver, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  12. nickswift

nickswift Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so i can sit at home in my underwear.

nickswift, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  13. vacationofwealth

vacationofwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    Because the only security you have is working for yourself. With companies like Bear Stearns and Countrywide and all these others places where the stock is now worthless you have ZERO SECURITY. When you learn to fend for yourself and enjoy your free time then you are WAY AHEAD OF THE GAME

vacationofwealth, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  14. toytown

toytown Peon

Best Answers:
    Several reasons...

I do not have the capital to open a brick and mortar location yet
    I want to be my own boss.
    I want to work doing something I am very passionate about

toytown, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  15. ebp

ebp Banned

Best Answers:
    lol, that's a good idea.

ebp, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  16. JacobNix

JacobNix Peon

Best Answers:
    my reasons:

i like it
    i believe that internet is the best way to make money , as i know BMW company got rich after about 100 years
    but google owners in just a few years _7-9 i think_
    also this is my second job
    and to pay for my bill payables

JacobNix, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  17. Pinoguin

Pinoguin Peon

Best Answers:
    Out of necessity. It is my only job!

Pinoguin, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  18. SEOBusiness

SEOBusiness Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The answer for your question is here:
    No,1 I have time to mess around the net;
    No,2 I can get some dollar from online business;
    No,3 I like money and I need money to buy something.

SEOBusiness, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  19. vijayan

vijayan Peon

Best Answers:
    Really simple answer:-

i need money to survive and I want to make money online coz I love to be online...

So money making online helps me to get both my goal easily coz I can get online everytime and I mke money too.

vijayan, Mar 17, 2008 IP
  20. LaneyHosting

LaneyHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm 17 and making more money then most adults who slave on their job. Not something I'm bragging about but I'm just lucky to have this experience.

I can make money anywhere, make money while I'm sleeping, heck I could not work a whole week and still pull in a $1,000. I love developing websites so my work is my hobby. Throw in the money thing and this isn't such a bad job ;)

LaneyHosting, Mar 17, 2008 IP