1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Internet - The saturated marketplace?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Tobidotman, Apr 8, 2008.

I'm starting to become discouraged nowadays, because nobody on the net seems to be genuine in actually creating a content site because they care about something, or want to share with others. It all seems to be about makin money nowadays. I understand if somebody makes a website for their business. But some marketers make personal blogs and toy with people's emotions (No names) in order to get their subscribers to buy something from them so they can get a $200 check at the end of the month? What is the internet coming to?
    Can't people just be genuine and market normally? It seems like everybody on the net is trying to sell you something. I mean everyday i log into my mail account and there are countless number of emails from people trying to sell me stuff. When will it end if it ever does? What can be done about it?
    :mad:

Tobidotman, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    If there's a way to make money, it's always going to be exploited. My guess is that at some point, the internet will start being broken up by regions and big companies will just dominate all of the top positions.

Pixelrage, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  3. IProx

IProx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's called democracy and free enterprise.

IProx, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  4. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can think of probably a few dozen, to a hundred ideas, and sites that have not been done, and could make you money in the long term. After all this is a business, not a get rich quick scheme.

That said, everyone wants to be "bankin" in a few months. When you set such ridiculous goals, you are bound to be discouraged and fail. It's the simple fact of the matter.

Another issue many run into is trying to copy cat, cookie cut someone else. Thinking lightening will strike twice. It's not to say that you can't take a SIMILAR idea, and micro niche it, make it your own and succeed. But I read many trying to copy one another saturating their market, and wonder why they can't make any money.

It's pretty obvious, and not supernatural.

2 cents.

Barefootsies, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  5. Tobidotman

Tobidotman Peon

Best Answers:
    But when do personal morales kick in.

Tobidotman, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  6. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    there's no such thing as personal morals in sales :D

Pixelrage, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  7. deejne

deejne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Restaurants are a saturated marketplace to right? But new restaurants pop up daily

deejne, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  8. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And have a 60 - 90% (depending on where and who you ask) bankruptcy rate in the first year.

magda, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  9. Sam 735

Sam 735 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Business is business...I think it's normal approach...Internet marketing is prospering and it's good...Why do you think it's bad...

Sam 735, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  10. l3vi

l3vi Peon

Best Answers:
    Its never personal, its business... Best thing you can do is quit, or get out there and build a successful business!

Morales kick in when you break the law, anything before that is just what people do each day, even if its good or bad.

From another one of your post you talked about IM's pushing products to get a check. You can hand the same book to 100 people, and only 1 see's it as a god send, while the others thinks its nothing new or a sham. If you think the net only hold this, just turn on your TV for five minutes. All businesses try to makes sales, so they sell you something, then change the product some, and sell you a "better" version of it. This is older than time, part of life, and each buyers responsibility to research if they really need it or not, or just want that feel good feeling for buying a new product.

l3vi, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  11. masterofdomains106@gmail.

masterofdomains106@gmail. Peon

Best Answers:
    he probably thinks it's bad because he's hit a slump and the flow isnt happening

12. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Becouse webmasters can earn some sites evolved in what they are now

w3bmaster, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  13. emha

emha Banned

Best Answers:
    as long as internet user growing up everyday then internet marketplace wouldn't saturated.

emha, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  14. rustyc

rustyc Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's nothing new, it's been going on for decades.

rustyc, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  15. tpmedia

tpmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    there will always be new ideas and things to implement....just keep trying and never give up!

tpmedia, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  16. nikeautomatica

nikeautomatica Guest

Best Answers:
    people just arent staying true but its alright it will all sort its self out

nikeautomatica, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  17. pinosh

pinosh Peon

Best Answers:
    in this days to have succes you must come with a new ideea ..every day are launched more that 300+ youtube , myspace ,hi5 clones so don't waste your time to make a clone .

pinosh, Apr 8, 2008 IP
  18. Tobidotman

Tobidotman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's becoming overcrowded with people that just tell a load of lies so somebody buys something, with their hard earned money. The ones i find most annoying are people that say you can make lots of money online (although the marketer themself hasn't) then they post screenshots (doctored of course) of them making thousands of dollars online although this is very not the case. Then somebody who has no idea or is naiive comes along and buys this product, thinking they will make money, they spen many hours each day trying and trying in vain, thus making the internet more flooded, they then try the approach that the original marketer used on them and the cycle goes on.
    Personally i have never bought an eBook promising that i will make thousands of dollars online within a week because 99% of the time it is bull. But thousands of "uninformed" or "newbie" people come along each day and buy this stuff, with their hard earned money that they could use to clothe their kids or feed their kids.
    Tell me how you fell now...:(

Tobidotman, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  19. Tobidotman

Tobidotman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I understand it's business but where do you draw the line? Some fo these people aren't even aware their costing some people this money that could have been better used, and then used to buy their useless eBook or "Information Product"

Tobidotman, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  20. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of those marketers, especially the ones with those obnoxious 18-point Tahoma font websites, are just targeting idiots. Idiots who waste their money after being sold by poorly written sales fluff deserve to be taken advantage of for lack of common sense. Anyone who sees someone bragging about working from home with no degree and no experience whatsoever should have something trigger in their brain that it's not true. This whole "taking advantage of sheep" thing has been going on for centuries in the human race :D It's sad, but it will never end.

Pixelrage, Apr 9, 2008 IP