1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Portfolio Layout

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by iScott, Apr 9, 2008.

Can you give me some feedback on my portfolio layout I have recently designs. Thanks.

[​IMG]

iScott, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  2. rJBee

rJBee Guest

Best Answers:
    Web design looks nice and clean!

I like the colors you used. One thing you should do is decrease the shadow by a bit that you used for iStudio, Welcome, Latest Update, Design Tools, and Latest Logo text.

rJBee, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  3. Eone

Eone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice layout for sure. Clean and simple, I like it.

I would consider introducing another highlight color and use it very sparingly. I like the blue and white, but a contrasting highlight color might make things pop a little bit more and look less duotone.

Good job! Let us see the final design.

Eone, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  4. iWrite

iWrite Peon

Best Answers:
    Fade the grey symbols in the background on the white more. They show through the text too much.

iWrite, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  5. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    I would try to make your structure more defined. Maybe add a background behind the menu so it doesn't blend in with your content area.

8everything, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  6. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Not the easiest site design to review with the highly opaque watermark all over it but I will try :

Colour Scheme
    Blue is a very over-used colour in web site design but that isn't to say that it doesn't look nice. It is a pleasant shade although I feel it could use another 1 or 2 colours as accent colours just to help it lose any monotony.

Layout
    I think that the way the site is laid out is very sensible and clean. My eyes are moving around the page in such a way that I read your content first before the side areas, which is good.

One downside is that none of the areas are really defined, they all seem to merge into one.

Overall
    The design has a lot of promise and is nice to view. One thing I would like to say is that this site - being a portfolio - is your one chance to impress your potential clients. Your site needs to stand out and say 'look how creative I can be, hire me hire me!' Using such a monotonous colour palette doesn't say this, it says 'bland' at least to me. Maybe try experimenting some more.

Very nice start though!

Davey.

DaveyBoy, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  7. SitPoMk

SitPoMk Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, those are watermarks so no one steals his hard work :p:D I would say that theres no need watermarking that ... if someone has the skills to take the image and slice it up into a layout, they have the skills to recreate it =P

I personally really like the design, the one small critique i have is make the shadow on teh logo a little more stylish. I see the default photoshop shadow and I cringe hehe

;) nice work

SitPoMk, Apr 9, 2008 IP
  8. DavKapilDev

DavKapilDev Peon

Best Answers:
    u have used blue colour in most of the parts...
    try changing it...
    and use more illustrations.

DavKapilDev, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  9. angeleyes20

angeleyes20 Banned

Best Answers:
    As blue being a favorite color of mine, I like it. But the words are kinda hard to read to me. The background is a little overdoing it i think. But other than that, I like it.

angeleyes20, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  10. iWrite

iWrite Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed that after someone said something else about the watermark. I was like "Oh, duh..." They aren't traditional watermarks, at least to the extent that I
    have seen. So yeah, judging by those things being water marks now, I like the cool blue feel to it.

iWrite, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  11. Maksa

Maksa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good one...

Maksa, Apr 12, 2008 IP
  12. iScott

iScott Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the good feedback people.

iScott, Apr 13, 2008 IP