1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Bookmarking (More so stumbling)

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by PeoplesArcade, Apr 4, 2008.

Well. Ive had some success before with social bookmarking. I would get a huge spike and then drop off. Just thought i would share my experiences here. Last night (New Zealand Time) i submitted a game on my arcade to stumbleupon and then used 5 FREE stumbles and stumbleudon to get the ball rolling. All i can say is .... WOW

The good :
    [​IMG]

As you can see. A HUGE spike of visitors. I was dwindling visitors as i have recently started a new job and such. And dont really have time to go gung ho on it that much. But i add a few games every couple of days and that sort of thing. ANd generally keep it up. So i went from under 100 visitors a day to almost 3k. Just over night. And yet...

The bad :
    [​IMG]

AS you can see. Not so good.... Really i may have been better trying to get more targetted traffic. Although a few people say for a long time. The majority click then leave before the game has time to load. Im actually starting to think that i would rather people came and had a good browse. Play a few games and maybe sign up to be a member. Rather then just get masses of hits like so many of these people on the forums want.

Well anyways. Just a thought on why i think it stumbled so well:

I think it was because of the game. Its fun and addicting. And keeps people entertained yet NOT FOR LONG. I think thats the winning formula with stumbleupon. Is to submit something that is easy to get into or read. Or a funny picture. But doesnt take ages to develop. I have put forward tonnes of other games and none have done as well as this one. I think because the other games develop or take a while to build levels etc.

SO THE HARD AND FAST RULE : SUBMIT SOMETHING EASY AND SHORT! That wont get you the long viewing times and converting traffic. but it will give you the thumbs up.

Hahahahahah well i am soooo tired atm and i just finished work etc. Ill prob edit the bits that i missed out all the important info. But yeah.... chat away :p

http://www.peoplesarcade.com/view/67/The-Vision-Test.htm

PeoplesArcade, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  2. bloggingmix

bloggingmix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting. :) I've had the same experience with SU and really, the traffic is good. The good thing is, unlike Digg, spike in traffic from the same posts can happen again. It happened several times to my post on Networking with Problogger vs. Networking with Non Probloggers. You should watch out for that.

StumbleUpon rocks! :)

bloggingmix, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  3. meetgs

meetgs Active Member

Best Answers:
    True. Moreover, your content should appeal to the SU audience.
    You can have an amazing content about "how to make $100000 in three minutes" but if no one at SU likes your content then it won't get popular. It is not a case about targeted traffic or not, but rather how you tailor your content to match the community's taste.

meetgs, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  4. fuse-box

fuse-box Peon

Best Answers:
    i have a online gaming site too..and i think i am having the same problem right now...coz my traffic went down...after couple of month....
    i think one of the reasons is this...:(

fuse-box, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  5. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SU traffic is known for not converting

sultanofseo, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  6. wantmomoney

wantmomoney Peon

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about when you say "5 Free Stumbles"? I've never heard of this.
    Thank you.

wantmomoney, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  7. meetgs

meetgs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course. If the visitors of your site like candies and you try to sell them steak, do you think there will be any conversion?

Some people think of SU as a magic traffic generator that will give them visitors tailored to their site content. No.... it is the reverse, actually: you have to tailor your site content to suit the audience's interests. Otherwise you might get the impression that "the traffic is not converting".

meetgs, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  8. eileensuzan

eileensuzan Banned

Best Answers:
    stumble upon is one great powerful tool for the savvy though any one can use but to maximize it you need to apply some form if strategic marketing and advertising

eileensuzan, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  9. NICKY Nitro

NICKY Nitro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have posted some ideas in another thread that have worked for me when using SU as a tool to get the ball rolling as you say. Check them out here. Maybe they'll work for you as well...

NICKY Nitro, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  10. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    If its a news item. Send it to digg. Stumbleupon i would say... Well... I mean most of my younger friends in teens use stumbleupon. I dont think any use digg. I would say stumbleupon is more of a social funny picture thing. Things to do when your bored and quick surfing basically. Hence why small flash games can make such a big hit.

For the person asking about 5 free stumbles. Google stumbleudon. I think its invite only now. if you need a invite pm me

PeoplesArcade, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  11. manifesto

manifesto Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you hit the nail on the head here. StumbleUpon visitors do convert providing you know what content they like.

manifesto, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  12. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stumblers just visit your site and then move on to the next site. They are not good visitors!

Chancey, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  13. stevedevane

stevedevane Peon

Best Answers:
    So far, I haven't had a lot of luck with StumbleUpon. And I know when I'm stumbling, I usually give the site a quick look and if nothing grabs my interest, I'm on to the next site. So, I expect that if your site doesn't grab them pretty quick, you'll probably lose them.
    Steve DeVane

stevedevane, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  14. vijayam

vijayam Banned

Best Answers:
    My suggession is do socialbookmarking again you can get more traffic.

vijayam, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  15. vijayam

vijayam Banned

Best Answers:
    stumble up on is good one through this we can get more traffic.

vijayam, Apr 11, 2008 IP