1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Digg Tactics?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by adamx8, Apr 13, 2008.

Lately I have been blogging a lot on a few of my blogs. Something in me just wants to write I guess. I am trying to get my site seen and get my traffic up. I think my blog is decent and my writing is above par considering what I have seen out there.

I have been submitting my blogs to digg.com. I can't seem to get more than 3 diggs and only a sliver of traffic from them. So I wanted to ask people that have marketing through digg if there is a good time to digg? A better section than others? Or any other advice you may be able to offer me. I also have been trying my luck at reddit, propeller, fark, and a couple bookmark sites. I am trying to do this without deliberately going after links and trying to do this as natural as possible. I suppose it's like an experiment of mine. I have though in the past tried submitting to directories just to get it off the ground in December I believe.

If you want to see it, it's next to my member name. I am sure some will give me criticisms and I will accept it, but I really want to know how to win on some of these sites. Finally no, I am not asking people to digg my articles or announcing it to friends. I truly want to be natural and receive deserved diggs. Thanks for any insight you may be able to give me.

Adam

adamx8, Apr 13, 2008 IP
    netx likes this.
  2. Serrano

Serrano Banned

Best Answers:
    Best tactic for every social bookmark site is to have interesting post. If you have interesting post people will vote for you. Also, don't forget to place vote button on site.

Serrano, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  3. Hafsoh

Hafsoh Banned

Best Answers:
    If your post is useful and informative then it dugg by the people and people bookmark it. Search engine indexed it more frequently and it will be visible in result pages.

Hafsoh, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  4. JeremiaSK8

JeremiaSK8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting posts are not enough. You have to get friends on Digg and send shout outs after you dugg something.

JeremiaSK8, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  5. manifesto

manifesto Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with JeremiaSK8. Interesting posts are not enough on Digg anymore. You need to make friends on there too.

1.Use the search bar to look for people who have submitted similar content to what you want to submit.
    2. Add them as friends
    3. Look at their own "shouts". Who has sent them shouts? Go to their page and add those people as friends.
    4. Once you have about 100+ friends, then shout them your submission with a message saying something like, "Please digg this if you find it interesting. Send me through your own shouts."
    5. Make sure you vote on all the submissions you get.
    6. Changes to Digg now mean that you need a certain number of people who are not your friends to vote on your story. So "favorite" your article so that it's at the top of your digg profile page (digg.com/user/yourname)
    7.Go onto upcoming pages and vote for any new submission that you can see has been submitted by someone with an avatar. Hopefully, they will vote for the story you have as "favorite"
    8. Keep on doing this until you are on first page for "upcoming"

Sports and podcasts sections have less competition, but there aren't as many people there. Tech probably has the most competition, but you're likely to get more votes there. Also, try submitting at the weekends when the competition is less fierce, but you'll get less people linking back to your site then.

manifesto, Apr 14, 2008 IP
    adamx8 and Claymation like this.
  6. adamx8

adamx8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    manisfesto +rep! Thats what I was looking for. Thanks and I will try your advice starting tonight to see what i can make happen.

adamx8, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  7. nfd2005

nfd2005 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is what I was curious about as well.

Thanks.

nfd2005, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  8. PlateFish

PlateFish Banned

Best Answers:
    Digg frustrates me because it takes forever to do and I ALWAYS get this "duplicate content" message even when it's original.

Use SU.

PlateFish, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  9. dlucks2309

dlucks2309 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice everyone

dlucks2309, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  10. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't tell you a thing without first seeing what you have been submitting.

Perry Rose, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  11. digble

digble Peon

Best Answers:
    to get on digg u have to have alot of friends + a very good topic.

so start making friends.

digble, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  12. cribwatcher

cribwatcher Peon

Best Answers:
    Those are good tips, Imma try em out soon. :D I've been digging my blogs recently too but I don't get much traffic.

cribwatcher, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  13. thenetfool

thenetfool Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah you really need to play dirty sometimes with Digg. I agree that having interesting content is not enough. You won't get the exposure you want without it, but you need a little extra kick as the people above have mentioned.

thenetfool, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  14. Duberz

Duberz Banned

Best Answers:
    there are buzz groups out there, but i usually find getting digg posts high up usually just waste my bandwidth. Digg users aren't much of the buying crowd. I just want the backlink

Duberz, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  15. johncena000

johncena000 Banned

Best Answers:
    Make interesting posts... and add a digg voting widget to your blog.
    If your blog has enough visitors.. you'll get more votes ;)

johncena000, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  16. mit

mit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have good friends there on Digg and send shouts to everybody for your Digg

mit, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  17. sajidmm

sajidmm Peon

Best Answers:
    shouts is good , and it work for me to get more and more diggs. but your story should interesting .

sajidmm, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  18. mit

mit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! story must be interesting and useful to visitors. ;)

mit, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  19. adamx8

adamx8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As posted in my opening post you can click on the blog next to my user name to see everything I post on Digg, the last 6 articles I have digged.

Thanks everyone for posting your thoughts. As I said this is fairly new and I want to get on the right track and put some decent stuff that I think people would enjoy out there. Obviously not everyone will like my stuff, but some will. Thanks again!

adamx8, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  20. kanowins

kanowins Banned

Best Answers:
    Nice comment manifesto

kanowins, Apr 14, 2008 IP