1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using myspace to market my proxy?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by lolage, Apr 23, 2008.

Is it against myspace TOS for me to post an advertisement (image) advertising my proxy?

Thanks.

lolage, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  2. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just look up what myspace tos are?
    and yes - that would be against them

Non-commercial Use by Members. The MySpace Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by MySpace.com. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the MySpace Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the MySpace Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the MySpace Services.

displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the MySpace Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your "Top 8" friends, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or

http://www1.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=misc.terms

magda, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  3. lamelime

lamelime Peon

Best Answers:
    You would probably get banned if you spamed, but if you advertised solmley, you should be fine.

lamelime, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  4. lolage

lolage Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because i see people saying "give me $5 i have 11000 friends on myspace so i can make your proxy popular"

How if its against TOS?

lolage, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  5. Sygon

Sygon Peon

Best Answers:
    Just be casual like oh i found this site to get onto myspace at school.

Sygon, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  6. lolage

lolage Active Member

Best Answers:
    So dont go as far as making an advert in photoshop??

lolage, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  7. Sygon

Sygon Peon

Best Answers:
    No because its so obvious, if you actually used myspace as a user it would help you gain a further understanding.

Sygon, Apr 23, 2008 IP
  8. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They don't care if they get banned. Probably a spammy account with 'friends' added by some auto-adder wotsit that'll get banned as soon as myspace admin have a look at it. You can do stuff that's against the tos - but you'll get your account banned for it sooner or later.

magda, Apr 24, 2008 IP