1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to gain more traffic?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by hereyago, Nov 5, 2006.

How can I gain more traffic to my site?

Should I use adbrite, yahoo, or google adsense to gain more traffic?

Are there any other ways to gain traffic?

hereyago, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  2. riotz

riotz Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have a niche site that you can bid on some very specific keyword phrases and pay 3-5 cents a click, you might have some success without it ending up costing you anything.

I've been using Adwords for this, I'm paying an average of 4 cents per click for some specific search phrases, which is driving traffic to my site, and the resulting Adsense clicks (which are averaging about 20 cents per click) have been providing revenue in excess of what the Adwords have been costing me. (For the first 2-3 weeks though, my CPC was lower and I was only making back about 30% of my Adwords spending)

So in essence, using Adwords and Adsense together DOES work provided you can get Adwords keywords for rock bottom pricing, and the Adsense ads shown on your site have a higher CPC. So far for November I'm ahead about $3. It's a very useful way to get cheap or free traffic that's specifically targeting the people you want to see your site. Even more useful if your site is nowhere to be found yet in the search engines. (As mine is, right now)

riotz, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  3. sbongo

sbongo Peon

Best Answers:
    SE traffic is the best.It's free and using the correct SEO techniques,you can get a lot of targetted traffic.

sbongo, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  4. PayItForward

PayItForward Peon

Best Answers:
    Search engines don't use SEO ;) What are they going to do, optimize for themself?

PayItForward, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  5. ThisGoatStarves

ThisGoatStarves Peon

Best Answers:
    Posting here and other related forums is a good start especially if your site is new and you're trying to attract inital interest.

ThisGoatStarves, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  6. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social sites like Digg, reddit etc

infonote, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  7. Rory

Rory Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there.

The best way to get traffic is through blogging. Blogs are natural traffic generators. If you use the correct plugins, platform and up date it regularly with good content you can expect to get alot of traffic within just a few days.

Hope this helps

Rory, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  8. playkid

playkid Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are rich then go for it

playkid, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  9. ShamelessTraffic

ShamelessTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    hah. agreed. i think spending some of your time manually promoting daily will payoff more than throwing a few bucks a day into ppc advertising.

ShamelessTraffic, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  10. WebmasterB

WebmasterB Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogging or using articles are ways I have used to direct traffic to my sites. I also utilized forums and social networking sites such as Facebook and Myspace.

WebmasterB, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  11. hanidesigns

hanidesigns Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is the best way to get traffic.You can also try adwords to get it.

hanidesigns, Apr 25, 2008 IP
  12. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you start focusing on SEO traffic, this is the best due to after you succeed in receiving a steady flow of se traffic with little effort (unless your wanting a top ten position) you can keep that traffic. It is a greay way of getting extremely targeted users to your site.
    Backlinks would be another way and really come under the SEO strategies, as this again helps ranking.

Will.

willyboy104, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  13. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    Wether you have money or not...to gain traffic you need to advertise.

silveraden, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  14. parm

parm Banned

Best Answers:
    i also suggest you to start focus on seo not on any advertising campaign , in seo you have to pay once and you will get lifetime traffic and more business fast

parm, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  15. lamelime

lamelime Peon

Best Answers:
    I would work mainly on SEO right now, and then some PPC later. This build the base of your website.

lamelime, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  16. SeoMoney

SeoMoney Banned

Best Answers:
    Thousands of ebooks are on its way, but only some have the real secrets exposed, and all others force you to upgrade to get known those hidden secrets.

I normally prefer, as like many internet marketers, the "Advanced SEO Techniques". Don't Go For any Blackhat Techniques.

SeoMoney, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  17. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Try to improve your site's search results ranking. Build lots of back links and add fresh content in your site.

angilina, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  18. mobguru

mobguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting topic. Another way I've found is to distribute free software on download sites... they link back to you and people come to your site to download your software. If the software is relevant to your site's subject matter, then you are getting relevant traffic.

mobguru, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  19. ShamelessTraffic

ShamelessTraffic Peon

Best Answers:
    agreed. and for those that have no shame about how they advertise, you may be interested in my tools available at: www.shamelesstraffic.com

ShamelessTraffic, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  20. digitalmedia414

digitalmedia414 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social networks like Facebook, YouTube, and Myspace are the best and easiest ways to get massive amounts of free traffic, bar none!! Adwords or any other paid advertising is a thing of the past if know how to leverage yourself correctly on these networks. You can even use automated business programs that allow you to add tons of friends. The more friends you add, the more traffic to your page and websites.

I recommend checking out stealthfriendbomber.com and browsing the list of friend adders. You can try them for free and you'll see very quickly how they can get you loads of traffic easily;)

digitalmedia414, Apr 29, 2008 IP