1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site for anorexia survivor

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Luci, May 30, 2008.

Would this niche work? I had experience with it, and I thought that rather than posting only the symptoms/tips etc. what about stories of my own experiences as well? And help for carers etc.

Do I have any chance with this or is it just a crap idea? Is the competition too great?

Luci, May 30, 2008 IP
  2. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Well, it really depends on the thrust of the site. If you are advocating pro-ana then that's going to give you problems with advertisers, hosting, could even land you in hot water with some Countries laws and may result in some civil lawsuits, depending on the content and where you live.

From your post I don't believe pro-ana is your intention but more a survivor type site which sounds do-able and may turn into a decent resource site if you put the work in.

Money-wise? Dunno, but I suspect it's very limited. I say that because when you search for anorexia on Google, there are / were only 5 advertisers showing in the serps when I looked (I'm UK based). These were, Childline on anorexia (children's charity), Shopping.com (dynamic keyword generated), a pro-ana forum, a newspaper article and Ask.com (again, dynamic keyword generated ads).

That's not to say it isn't worth doing, however! Who knows? You may find once you have a site up and running that the type of traffic you get converts very well with some other associated and high-paying keywords. You won't really know until you try! If you have a passion for creating the site then it's worth doing, imo.

mcfox, May 30, 2008 IP
  3. BlohG

BlohG Banned

Best Answers:
    That would be a great niche i feel, and on top of that if you shelling out your own experiences could attract good amount of traffic.
    You should go ahead with this niche, as you see more and more people are getting conscious about their health, weight issues, etc., hence contributing towards the cause of anorexia is too good.

Best Wishes

BlohG, May 30, 2008 IP
  4. Cryxellis23

Cryxellis23 Banned

Best Answers:
    Well that was really a good idea. I believed that readers love reading interesting stories specially if it's a true story. So to speak.. I was amazed at what the writer wrote about what they have experienced and what they have gained. So putting up your own experience can be of big help.:) Wish you luck in your site:)

Cryxellis23, May 30, 2008 IP
  5. icemusike

icemusike Active Member

Best Answers:
    it will work . you cana ways promote thinspiration book from pro-thinspiration.com on your site. give it a try pm me if you need more help.

icemusike, Aug 25, 2011 IP