1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to achieve this. Which CMS should I use?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by imallyours, Jul 11, 2008.

Hey guys,

I want to display information from diferent sources (mostly feeds) in my main page.

I want to achieve something like these news sites.

www .elperiodico. com
    www .cnn. com

Which CMS should I go for?

Thanks in advance for your reply

imallyours, Jul 11, 2008 IP
  2. Bratzilla

Bratzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    CNN (obviously) is a news site, so you'll want a CMS that has the right combination of plugins plus a good number of templates. Assuming you want to spend as close to zero as possible, and you want to just install and be off and running, I'd say right off the top you'll want to look at "the big three": Drupal, Joomla and WordPress (okay, WordPress some may say is not a CMS, but it sure as heck is headed in that direction with about as many template and features as the other two listed). Of the ones I've listed, I'd probably say look at Joomla or WordPress first. Drupal is powerful, but it has IMHO the steepest learning curve of the three.

I'm far more familiar with Joomla (I'm still learning WordPress, but am VERY impressed by what I've accomplished with it on my test server). I'm deploying a Joomla site with LOADS of news features and such and have probably come across every module and component appropriate for a CNN-type site. As a matter of fact, Joomla has more than a few templates that are specifically for news-type sites. If you want detailed information, just PM me if you want a list of Joomla goodies (FREE stuff) that will get you up and running fairly quickly.

Bratzilla, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  3. imallyours

imallyours Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Bratzilla,

I already have Joomla installed, but was having a hard time to get the results I want, so I think that I will need to hire someone to do the job for me. Would you recommend anyone from DP?

imallyours, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  4. itrush07

itrush07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try WordPress.

itrush07, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  5. imallyours

imallyours Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am very familiar with wordpress and think it can do it, but will be a lot more complicate to design and mantain than Joomla.

Anyway, I am now going for it regardless of the platform (Joomla or Wordpress)

Can you recommend someone to do this job in wordpress (or Joomla) for me?

6. Joomla_Services

Joomla_Services Banned

Best Answers:
    Wordpress would be the best choice if you are looking for something good with FEEDS contents and related..
    Joomla is not good at those stuffs.

Joomla_Services, Jul 12, 2008 IP
  7. imallyours

imallyours Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys,

I think I am going to open a thread later on the marketplace. I need someone to do this for me.

PM me if you know someone for the job.

qprojects likes this.