1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedburner SUCKS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by touchAshley, Apr 3, 2008.

I've tried for a couple weeks now and just don't know what the hell is up with Feedburner. I constantly get this error when looking at my feedburner feed, but not always:

I can't get any support for it at the feedburner help group. I don't know who to ask. This 500 error happens more than the feed works. That means my subscribers don't get the email notifications when i make a post, my subscriber list drops to zero (until the feed starts working again and the stats are updated the next day). But my god when is this shit going to stop?

My original feed is fine and is always working. So does anyone know the problem?

touchAshley, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  2. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a problem with the server. 500 Error means that there was an "Internal Server Error". If you're having this problem far more often than not, just use the feed that's generated by your blog instead.

Dan Schulz, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  3. touchAshley

touchAshley Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea. Any suggestions on how to manage subscribers via email so they get the email when there's a new post?

4. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw a Plugin that did that once; I thought I bookmarked it, but I can't find it. :(

5. touchAshley

Best Answers:
    What kind of plugin? I'm using Joomla by the way

6. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, I thought you were using WordPress.

7. touchAshley

Best Answers:
    Nope Joomlas better ^_^

Just signed up with feedblitz. Feeds doing great so far and i imported all my subsribers over to it. We'll see what happens. Feedburner left a bad taste in my mouth and I also see many peoples feed return 500 errors with feedburner.. how are they so great?

8. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's not get into which is better, shall we? (I don't want to see your thread get derailed.)

Anyway, as far as Feedburner goes, I really can't say since I don't use them.

9. strokemymouse

strokemymouse Peon

Best Answers:
    i dislike feed burner. I always make my own rss feeds

strokemymouse, Apr 4, 2008 IP
  10. Tabs

Tabs Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell me why you don't life feed burner, I am trying to decide if i should use my feedburner rss or my own blog rss.

I have a feeling it is like setting up a wordpress.levnow blog as opposed to a levnow.com/blog situation. I dont want to have the same issues i had with wordpress when i discovered the difference.

I have little rss subscriptions so i can afford to change the feed if i need too.

Also if you dont use feedburner how do you measure your traffic, feedburner Pro?

Thanks for your time,

Tabs, Jul 18, 2008 IP
  11. touchAshley

Best Answers:
    This thread is old. The problem I was having with feedburner was because I was using Joomla. And there was an SEF problem that messed up the feeds with feedburner. Feedburner is great now :]

touchAshley, Jul 18, 2008 IP