1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Social Network sites are help ful to improve traffic ?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by triloki_dhaker, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello Friends!

I have Gemstone jewelry related site, i want to increase my sites visitors, is social networking sites ( like Faves.com and facebook.com) are useful for that, Plz suggest me.

Web Master

triloki_dhaker, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  2. Troublemaker

Troublemaker Guest

Best Answers:
    Rather use stumble upon or Digg... easier to "manipulate"

Troublemaker, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  3. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think social site like stumbleupon/stylemob/girlsense could be better to find more targeted visitors for your specific niche.

bobchrist, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  4. triloki_dhaker

triloki_dhaker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!'

plz tell me more valuable Social network sites.

triloki_dhaker, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  5. nick2309

nick2309 Peon

Best Answers:
    MySpace, Facebook, Bebo, Ning, Orkut these are some of my fav social networking sites.

nick2309, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sites like Facebook require work at networking for them to be truly helpful, which means you need to get your keyboard going clickety clack as you build up your friends lists and get people interested in what you are talking about. Note I said TALKING about rather then simply selling... no one likes a salesman, so be a human, get involved in the community, and you should find that such sites ARE helpful. If you are going in just for a few links the only thing you'll get out of it are a few links...

Other social sites like delicious and stumbleupon are easier and will generate more traffic... though most of such traffic is of lower quality and while it's on topic (niche related) most visitors will simply click in and click out.

The best bet is to diversify the links, forums, social sites, directories, forums, etc, etc, etc...

Qryztufre, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  7. mrtrance

mrtrance Peon

Best Answers:
    Many of these socialbookmark sites can give you an increase of traffic for a short time and then disappear fast. Also you will not get many clicks from these visitors since it will not be targeted. It is always best to get targeted traffic i.e. search engine traffic.

mrtrance, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  8. rajaram

rajaram Guest

Best Answers:
    of course nowadays more no of people are visiting in social networking site only......it will help u to increase more traffic.........like facebook, myspace, classmates, bebo, orkut, 43things, stumbleupon and propeller...so on my site too...new social networking site within few months i got more traffic and many people who have joined my site...i really feel happy to say.

rajaram, Aug 11, 2008 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Social Networking traffic IS targeted!

As with Stumbleupon you set it up by keyword, and it's members often stumble through keyword. That makes it targeted. Posting in your own facebook is also targeted, assuming your facebook is about the same topic.

If you are getting non-targeted traffic through social sites, you are doing it wrong! ;)

It is often low quality traffic though, as most of the people are looking for something quick, and clicking though your page and then through your links is often two too many clicks for them....but it is targeted!

Qryztufre, Aug 11, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.