1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Big site with Mp3, Video, Forum etc.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by albaniax, Aug 26, 2008.

Hello,
    I want to make a new site, with Mp3 songs, Music Videos, a Chat, a Gallery, a Forum and some Articles for each artist. I don´t want to use Subdomains, everything should be under www.site.com/Mp3/..and so one..

The whole site should be also very Seo-friendly, thats the most important thing for this project.

- For the main site I think I will use Wordpress, there I will post all the artist Seo- optimized articles, and will link for each artist, the Mp3´s, Music Videos, Forum postings etc.

- For the Forum I choose VBulletin with VbSeo.

- For the Gallery I´m not sure, should I use the "Gallery2" Script or is there a Wordpress Plugin, wich make it more simple and is Seo optimized with .htaccess Urls, etc. , too?

- For all the Mp3 songs, I found allready an Mp3 directory Script, but if somebody knows a Seo Mp3 directory Script, please tell me, but this one is not so important.

- Know I need something for the Music Videos, wich all are embeedet and comes from YouTube, so should I just post them "into" the articles at the bottom? Or make for each artist another post/page on Wordpress, with the Music Videos? Something else? What do you think?

- For the Chat I wanted to use something simple

Sry for the long post, and thx If you read it all and have some new ideas for better Seo or overall.

Greetz
    Albaniax

albaniax, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  2. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why not use vB for the whole thing?
    3.7 has a gallery feature, which will work just as you want it to
    You can use a number of plugins for the mp3/video setup
    As an added feature, you can use the vb blog system and allow them to blog that way.

A bit more money? Maybe, but it's worth it to keep everything all under one management system. Of course, it'd need a lot of customization, but that shouldn't be terribly hard.

twhiting9275, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress+download manager+gallery feature+bbpress and you will have everything under one organized roof.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  4. magicinthedesert

magicinthedesert Peon

Best Answers:
    I second that!

magicinthedesert, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  5. alunsina

alunsina Peon

Best Answers:
    im building one too and im using dolphin. everything is already in there. not much community support though.

alunsina, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  6. albaniax

albaniax Banned

Best Answers:
    thx, everyone.

I'm working on the whole Wordpress solution, works pretty well until now.

albaniax, Sep 8, 2008 IP