1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MySpace Marketing Tips

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by seopup, May 20, 2006.

Let's share MySpace marketing tips .

1. Don't add too many friends in a day , no more then 450 (not to get banned) .
    2. Join the community , reply to messages , post comments .

I have only one day on MySpace (145 friends so far) and would need some tips to do it successfully , this will be usefull for all of us I think :) .

Don't be shy :)

seopup, May 20, 2006 IP
  2. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just let people add me. I did buy a bot but don't use it as much anymore as I rank very high on Google so I let the people just come and use my resources and add me at the same time. Works pretty well. Is there anything you have questions on?

SEO Jeff, May 20, 2006 IP
  3. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    You cant send more then 450 requests if you wanted to. There is a CAP on that.

INV, May 20, 2006 IP
  4. seopup

seopup Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't have MySpace traffic so I have to choose between adding them manually or using a bot but I am targeting them not bad I would say .

When having an account with lots of MySpace friends I would be interested in tips to get more profiles views .

How often to send bulletins ?
    What NOT to write in these bulletins ?
    What makes a bulletin to be a good one .
    Comments ... My bot has option to comment on all friends should I use it or do it manually ?
    Any other tips from your experience are welcomed too :)

I don't want to spam users , just to create a community of people that would be interested in the topic of my website .

seopup, May 20, 2006 IP
  5. Savant

Savant Peon

Best Answers:
    I work with a partner on one of my sites that is related to MySpace, and I work on another alone. I have found that posting bulletins really has small effects on traffic, not to mention its kind of frowned upon as advertising at MySpace, and frowned upon as poor traffic quality by many publisher networks. I believe my partner still posts bulletins, but I simply stopped since I found it to be kind of a waste of time.

As for good bulletin / bad bulletin, keep it short and sweet. Maybe throw in a picture if you must make bulletins.

I dont have any bots, so I am not sure where you would move in that direction.

The biggest problem with MySpace sites right now is that most of them have the exact same content, and the exact same features... It seems that a lot of these webmasters have no respect for copyright laws. To make yourself a good, interesting myspace site, try to offer services (such as generators you come up with), or content (unique articles) of your own.

Savant, May 20, 2006 IP
  6. seopup

seopup Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Savant for your reply .

I don't intend to create a MySpace site (even those I checked are poor with not much content and not clear for usual users how to create the layout etc ).

I have a MySpace account and want to drive traffic to my website and to create a little community interested in my website topic .

What about private messages to friends , does these convert better ?

Any advices are welcomed .

seopup, May 20, 2006 IP
  7. seopup

seopup Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody want to share ?

seopup, May 20, 2006 IP
  8. seopup

seopup Peon

Best Answers:
    I got 200 profile views and 152 friends . Can I consider this as a good conversion rate :D ?

seopup, May 20, 2006 IP
  9. Savant

Savant Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty much everyone wants to be everyones friend on MySpace right now. In my opinion, that is also one of the services greatest downfalls, lol.

If you want to simply find people interested in your websites topic (sorry for my misunderstanding earlier), I would suggest having your profile be directly related to your website. For example, keep a similar theme, write excerpts in blog posts related to topics on your website, spark discussion with people who are interested.

Near the top of your page, try to share what your website is, and direct people to your site for more information =)

If you have friends that are truly interested in your site, you could always post bulletins to update them on news from your site.

Savant, May 20, 2006 IP
  10. krzyxflip

krzyxflip Active Member

Best Answers:
    from my experience, messages bring in the most visitors and i don't think bulletins bring anything at all. they're pretty much ignored. but you'll need more then one account when sending messages and using a bot is preferred.

the quality of the profile is pretty important. i've seen people make blank profiles and users just ignore the messages. but when you make a realistic profile, there are more users who will click on your links in the messages. i also setup realistic profiles so people accept the friend requests.

krzyxflip, May 22, 2006 IP
  11. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well personally i don't look at any bulletins that seem fishy and someones blaitenly trying to get me to buy something, but ones that seem to catch peoples eye's are stuff like 'big pimpin' etc, may seem random but they are interested to see whats coming up :)

terryuk, May 22, 2006 IP
  12. hogwild

hogwild Peon

Best Answers:
    I have over 1000 "friends" on MySpace. I use my profile (which is really me) to promote my comedy web site. When I send a Bulletin I get less than 20 visitors to my web site from it.

I've posted in the MySpace forums and that was slightly better.

I'd guess that sending personal emails to Myspace users would be the best option. But I don't know how to do this. Maybe it requires bot software?

I also tried reposting my web site article as MySpace blogs... no response there either.

I don't think it's my content, because I'm getting about 18,000 visitors per day to my web site... but how to attract the MySpace crowd???

To this point, I've been unable to realize the full potential of Myspace as a marketing tool. Maybe it requires having a minimum of 10,000 friends to have an effect?

Good luck!

hogwild, May 23, 2006 IP
  13. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah hogwild, i think the more the friends the better effects :)

terryuk, May 23, 2006 IP
  14. StephenR.

StephenR. Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes the more friends the better. I have over 10K and a significant amount of my main websites traffic comes from my MySpace profile. People are looking for information on there too...not just pics believe it or not.

Get started making use of your blog. Once your done be sure to ping www.pingoat.com with your MySpace blog URL and RSS feed....yes this works. This and a few other SEO methods gave my static profile/blog page a PR4/10 and put my profile on the 1st page of Google and Yahoo! for my name

StephenR., Jun 3, 2006 IP
  15. odradek

odradek Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess sometimes myspace can be really cool, but lately it has been turned into massive marketing (& spam) tool.

:p

odradek, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  16. johniman7

johniman7 Peon

Best Answers:
    It all depends on how many and who are your friends. Also depends on time of day and who is online. I posted a bulletin for my myspace help site and got 60 views from it ( it was a new site that wasn't promoted anywhere else ). I had about 1200 friends at the time now I have about 1500.

johniman7, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  17. herbalclicks

herbalclicks Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been thinking about a way to use myspace to promote my hoodia diet pill product. My idea was to run a contest for a free Ipod per week. Everyone who has a link to my diet pill site on their profile gets one entry per week. You can also refer 5 other friends and if they put the link on thier profile you get an entry for each of them as well. I would have to write a script that checks all the profiles to make sure they have the link on them. I think this could be a great viral marketing move as eveyone would be contacting their friends to get more entries. What do you think, can you see any pitfalls here?

herbalclicks, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  18. Jdog

Jdog Peon

Best Answers:
    Ummmm. Sounds like a good idea, but you probably need to figure out a way to stop people from just setting up dummy profiles to put your link on that will never get seen.

Jdog, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  19. johniman7

johniman7 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could make it that every unique visitor they refer the get a point. That way they may bulletin it or put it on one of their high traffic accounts. I would be interested in this on my 1500 friends account. Good Luck ~John

johniman7, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  20. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    u sure ?
    there is a cap on the messages that can be sent.. but I've tested a adder bot this weekend and was able to send 1000's of request a day ?

Brandon Sheley, Jul 9, 2006 IP